Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 in review...

While watching any of the television news shows this week, I have noticed they are all doing recaps of the top/favorite stories of the year. So for fun I took a look back at the blog archives and picked a few of my favorite posts from 2008. Of course, my very favorites would have been the personal and family stories I shared but for the sake of posting something interesting to all I picked generic ones to link here.

In January, I went to see the Monticello swans and watching a courtship dance was a real thrill. February brought snowflake crystals that held my fascination and I went out to try and capture them whenever I could. In March, we see the day I named Joseph, and by April, the spring migration was in full force and it was a birding highlight for me! A female cardinal made a first ever appearance in the garden. My garden wish for 2009, would be a pair to fall in love and nest here in Marsha's garden.

In May, my garden finally came into color with blooms and birds. Such a wonderful start to the gardening season. June brought a big sigh after the indigo buntings left the garden. I so enjoyed hosting them and hope to see many more in 2009. By July I was hosting garden tours and gave a several post tour of the backyard gardens. July part 2 continues the views of the backyard. The summer flew by so quickly and inAugust, migration had once again began. I can remember vividly this day sitting quietly in a patio chair watching warblers.

In September, I watched a baby hummer learn to feed on it's own. Another first for me. October's posts were filled with "what I did on my fall vacation" and Utah and Colorado were so wonderful I couldn't pick a favorite. Instead the October link shows the devotion Gabi gives as she keeps Jeff & I company daily. Her health is failing very rapidly and we are hoping she is with us for quite a while but because Jeff feels she has hunted her last season we added Hershey to our loving bunch of canine companions. A poem I chose in November was such a good reminder of how I want to live that it's worth showing once again. December and the Christmas season is still close to all of our memories so from the electrical lights to the early morning light of the sunrise...

I just want to say Thank you to all of you...each and every one of my blog readers...you "light up my life" with your kind comments and I appreciate all of them. Sometimes, I wonder if I should keep this blogging thing going but then I watch the side counter click away and I know I don't have that big of a family so as long as you find Marsha's Garden of Life worth reading, I'll keep on sharing :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, yes you should keep sharing, not everyone comments but you have plenty of visitors! I love your blog, Marsha, I enjoy seeing your gardens, your nature, your family and friends, trips, the whole thing! and I look forward to more of Hershey :) I have learned so much from visiting. A new appreciation for nature, for sure!

Happy New year, Marsha, to you and your family! All good things!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

No Marsha- please don't stop. I love coming here. You are a gracious hostess to your blog, always friendly and this is one of my favorite stops. I'd love to put together a Minnesota bloggers get-together this summer. What do you think?

Happy, healthy, safe and peaceful New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

Marsha, I tagged you! I'm new to all this and Jain tagged me and said I have to tag six people, so I tagged you. Now you have to go to my blog and see what I am talking about.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh,yes,please do keep on sharing.I do know how you feel,sometimes I also feel like quiting but then I think of all my blog friends and I keep on.See you in 2009.
Blessings,Ruth

Foley said...

Marsha - What a wonderful year review, I enjoyed looking at every month..some I had not seen before! Your bird photos are remarkable, especially that you know what all the species are!! Please, Please..keep on blogging!!

Kathleen said...

Marsha,
You have a very creative blog and great photos so YES, please keep posting! Happy New Year!

Cynthia said...

Marsha.... you'd be terribly missed if you stopped blogging.

I've lurked at your blog for almost a year and remember almost every link that you mentioned in your post.

I love your Wordless Wednesdays, the pictures and stories of your trips with Jayme and your sisters, your alphabet name poems and pictures, all your bird pictures. EVERYTHING.

Happy New Year and best wishes for a healthy and happy year to come.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, I want you to know that I am one of your biggest fans even though I may not comment on a regular basis. My husband even likes to look at your beautiful photos!

My very best wishes to you and your family for a healthy and happy 2009. I will enjoy your adventures with Hershey :-)

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a wonderful post, Marsha. I know it's sentimental to look back on another year gone by. I've loved visiting your blog more often this year and I have so enjoyed it!

I love the poem in your highlighted November post. A wonderful reminder for all of us and a good one to start the New Year - Thank you!

Happy New Year, Marsha!

Wanda said...

I love the way you re-capped the year...

It was a good year... Thanks for sharing so many things with us.

a quiet life said...

what a lovey way to remember your year, so well done!

and never stop sharing!