Christmas wishes to my friend,
May the season's blessings come
Now into your heart and home.
(text from 1912 postcard)
I've been busy getting ready for Christmas so haven't had time to get a photo post ready but I would like to wish all of my readers a wonderful Christmas with these vintage postcards saved by my husband's great grandmother. The one shown above has a postmark of 1914. On "A Joyous Christmas" below we cannot read the postmark but in small print on the front it says the design was copyrighted by Heymann in 1912.
This gold bell card has a postmark of 1913 and the sender wrote that they just finished putting up a barn that cost $1200, 60 x 32, 16 ft posts.
This last card is losing some of it's picture with the peeling away of a shiny printed coating. This one is postmarked 1912.
Merry Christmas!Marsha
13 comments:
Your vintage cards are beautiful.
Merry Christmas dear friend ~~
Wanda
wow marsha, you have so many interesting things! this is why i love blogging, we can learn so much about each other! the cards are wonderful! if i miss you tomorrow have a very merry xmas, which i know you will! i am SO happy you jumped in wfd&m, its been wonderful seeing you regularly again~
These are lovely Marsha. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours! :c)
Those are such wonderful keepsakes. I love the look of them and how nice to have the postmark!! Merry Christmas!!
I love vintage cards, and old timey anything... Your cards are beautiful. Have a Blessed Christmas with your family and see you back blogging after the sparkly dust of the holidays settles down.
Love your vintage things, Marsha! The cards are beautiful!
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
Thank-you for sharing such beautiful cards.I don't think they make them to ook so delicate anymore.
Christmas Blessings to Yuo and Yours,Ruth
You have the neatest things!
All the best to you too..And a great 2009!!
Merry Christmas Marsha!
Those postcards are really neat Marsha.
Merry Christmas to you & your family too.
Merry Christmas to you Marsha,
Thank you for sharing your interests on your blog.
Thank you for expanding my horizons when I read your blog.
And thank you for being a gentle, kind lady to creatures large and small.
I love that you posted something unique and nostalgic! Merry Christmas!
Those are beautiful, Marsha!
Post a Comment