My area of MN is in a
blizzard warning today so it is a good day to stay warm inside.

This weekend, the darling bakers held another challenge and our assignment was to bake cookies and show a few of our holiday decorations.

For all of my central MN readers who are familiar with the Cold Spring bakery's chocolate topped macaroons, I made my own version this weekend. I just have to tell you, these are so much better - I won't have to stop on my shopping exursions to pick them up anymore! The recipe and my darling baker post can be found
here at wfd and more.
If you have been following wfd and more you have seen that my friend, Barb (Foley) is baking 16 different kinds of cookies/candies in the 16 days leading up to Christmas. Chocolate Mint Puddles were her #2 of 16 and I knew they would be a must try for me. I made her original recipe with andes mints on top but also created this variation with candy cane kisses melted on top. Those and one more cookie are also on the link to yesterday's post.

The snow is already starting to fall here and the feeders are filling up with snow. This poor junco...

got just as much snow as seeds in each mouth full!

The feeders are busy as all the birds are stocking up before the high winds strike. This downy was even brave enough to come to the window feeder...see the red fur in the background?

The birds aren't the only ones filling up for the storm.

I walked to to the other room and saw there was another one on the feeders in the backyard. I opened the window to take his photo and off to the grove he ran...

he thought he was hiding but I could still see him :-)

If you are having storms in your area, stay warm and cozy. At our house during snowstorms anything goes (no work, just fun) so I've already had a macaroon for breakfast (these will never last until Christmas) :-)
12 comments:
Stay warm and safe.
Oh Marsha, I hope your storm isn't as bad as they're predicting!
The picture of your squirrel inside the tree is the cutest thing ever!
Oh and thanks for the link to the cookie recipes too. I've been looking for an easy chocolate cookie and those chocolate puddles look like just the thing!
Stay warm and cozy, Marsha! I love your post! and especially those macaroons!
Forgot to say, send the cookie pics to TS and FG. They're great!
You did already! and it's in! Great pic! Congrats, Marsha!
Oh Marsha... it's a good thing you ended with the sweet birdies and squirrels. My mouth was drooling over the thought of one of those macaroons...mmmmmm... yum!
Oh Marsha! It looks so cold in your pictures. Indeed, a great day to stay in and stay warm, take pictures and bake goodies, for sure! They all look delightful!
Love the pictures of your birds and the little critter too! Your squirrel's are reddish looking. I may have commented before.....but our squirrel's are gray here. Yours are much prettier little guys. The picture of the downy finding seed, but more snow....very cute! Great shots!
Have been to WFD.....love the site! Will keep checking it out. You all are doing a wonderful job with it.
Stay warm!
Marsha, you always provide such wonderful photos and narratives! I enjoy following along so much.
And CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful photo on Foodgawker!!
Way to go my friend! :) xo~m.
Well seeing how we worked in the yard yesterday and today with the rakes, moving plants, the weed eater, the chain saw.......no threat of snow here. You stay tucked in and warm, enjoy those homemade holiday treats. Great photos, love the squirrel hiding in the tree!
Marsha,I came across your blog from someone else's,but can't remember who.I am enjoying the various posts,looks like this will have to be a regular place to visit.
Blessings,Ruth
congrats on your fg success, i love your peppermint cookies, they look as cool and fresh as all your snow~
you have the best views right out your window...
Post a Comment