Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December...

"Love awoke one winter's night
And wander'd through the snowbound land,
And calling to beasts and birds
Bid them his message understand.

And from the forest all wild things
That crept or flew obeyed love's call,
And learned from him the golden words
Of brotherhood for one and all."
(Author Unknown)




Scenes from last night and this morning. I have a busy day but wanted to post some of the beauty around me before I get back to work. Enjoy!

13 comments:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I DO see what you see :) The poor bunnies have lots of snow to navagate here! What a lovely post, Marsha.

Anonymous said...

How very magical! That is a neat way to enjoy the winter without flowers. The lights are wonderful and the bunny and birds finish it off perfectly!

Jayme said...

Beautiful sunrise! I like the garland around the gazebo this year and the snowflake on top. Smaller tree looks good too.

Unknown said...

Thank you for taking the time out from your busy schedule to share these beautiful photos and great poem. I do see what you see!

La Table De Nana said...

I SEE what you SEE..
I am so grateful to SEE..
What a pretty pretty post.
We had our first important snowfall..and I loved morning noon and night.
Happy Happy Holidays M.

BJ said...

Such great pictures Marsha!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Beautiful
beauiful
and
beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Marsha! Last pic is breathtaking :)

a quiet life said...

very sweet marsha, i love every shot~

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Oh Marsha, I do love your decorated gazebo! Mine will be very lonely through the winter season, since we don't get up to the cottage as often as we'd like. My son is going to the cottage this weekend, as the mountain opens for skiing. I'll tell him to give my gazebo a hug from me!

I do see what you see...and I love seeing what you see so thankyou for sharing. I love your blog!

Jayne said...

Oh, how beautiful Marsha, esp. the sunrise....ahhhhh.... a great way to start my day on this rainy morning.

Roses and Lilacs said...

That is a beautiful post, Marsha. I love the rabbit looking at the tree. Do you suppose he is marveling at the glowing colors and wondering how such a miracle occurred?
Marnie

Peggy said...

Every photo is SOOO cool! Love the bunny!

The sunrise is like satin...very cool shot!