5 months ago
Saturday, December 20, 2008
the good, the bad and the ugly...
The good...
Joseph continues to visit on snowy days when digging for corn is easier than digging out in the wild.
The bad...
The squirrels and house sparrows are costing me a fortune in sunflower seeds...can you see how many sparrows are in the bush waiting for the squirrel to finish?
and before I go on to the ugly, just let me preface it by saying that I love flamingos. I have a flamingo bird house & stake in the garden...
and taking flamingo photos is a favorite subject on vacations.



The ugly...
There's something about Santa being pulled by a pair of flamingos during a MN snowfall that just screams ugly to me.
Just my opinion...don't mean to offend anyone but I'll take a traditional reindeer any day of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Hi Marsha...I thought I had gone completely blind! Only the first photo showed on my screen and I was looking for sparrows in the pine tree! Duh....
Marsha, great pictures! Love the Joseph, and the little sparrows, very patient! Great picture!
Flamingo's and Santa, LOL! Wouldn't expect that in MN!
Flamingos in the snow! Funny...
Santa and flamingos are just wrong (and weird)!
Joseph is a beautiful bird.
i guess its all state of mind there! wrap it up and send it to jayne~
gorgeous pics, i love joesph~
Came to you through Brushstrokes From the heart. These are wonderful photos. When it's not quite so late I shall have to come back and look at all your past posts. (It's after midnight right now).
I live in FL and I am going to agree 100%!
Joseph is so ridiculously beautiful he looks like yard art Marsha! Oh. My. I'd say you have some house sparrow issues there. And, yes, I agree... flamingos pulling Santa's sleigh? Seriously?
Those house sparrows are like vaccuum cleaners aren't they?
Joseph is gorgeous.I would pay him to come stand on my snow..
Keep your squrrels though.I think I live on Squirrel Lane.
The flamingos are too funny!
Wow! That Joseph is one gorgeous bird! The colors are just so rich and beautiful!
All of your pictures are wonderful. And I have to tell you that your header is so pretty! It is so you Marsha!!!!
I had to laugh when I saw the flamingos! They are beautiful birds and fascinating to watch. Seen them many times in Florida.
But in MN pulling a Santa? Just doesn't seem right. It isn't right Marsha! Good heavens!
Love al the pics of the birds. I enjoyed my visit here.
Debbie
Those flamingo pics are great! Whoever put out Santa and Flamingo reindeer has quite the sense of humor! Loved it!
Post a Comment