It's nice with Christmas coming on...
The harvest safe in barn and shed;
The windows battened snug and tight;
The bulbs and seedlings put to bed
Under a layer of leaves and hay
Beneath a wide old spreading tree.
With Christmas coming cold and white,
How good a fire feels at night.
(Edna Jaques)
It's beginning to look and feel like Christmas here on Candy Cane Lane.

The night time bunnies are not the only creatures that like the corn buffet under their own Christmas tree...


The smells of Christmas were also in the house as I baked a couple of Advent Cranberry Cakes yesterday...so tart and sweet at the same time with the rich & buttery carmel sauce.

More details and the recipe posted
here at my post on wfd and more.
14 comments:
I recognize that plate! :-)
How cute is your little cabin!! I love it, and oh what a difference snow can make. I wish we would get snow here, not much, just enough for the girls to play in it. Okay not the girls....ME!
Lovely poem too.
Definitely Mn with the Moose!!! The bluejay is so pretty, I which they weren't such a "bully" at times..but I love their look. I think Candy Cane Lane is going to be a busy place....Beautiful post!
Candy Cane Lane! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Looks wonderful, Marsha! So does the cake!
So you will have to excuse me and go on with the others. Your place is so charming I will probably wear out my welcome. Just had to come back and enlarge the photos.....Peaceful.
Marsha, I love your little cottage...remember it from last year..beautiful blog! Thanks for sharing MN with this New Yawker..:)
How sweet your little cottage looks Marsha! And I love the bows in your evergreen. Perfect winter wonderland. :c)
Yummm!
There's that magical potting shed/garden house..a;ll decked out for the holidays..
Too cute..and your Holiday header is perfect for your blog!
OOh yes the cake looks good too!
That cranberry cake looks scrumptious! Beautiful plate too!
And candy cane lane looks magical! Your efforts pay off!
Love, love, love the new header!
love the new header and i am so enchanted with all your holiday guests~
Marsha....your header is so pretty! I really love it. And I too, remember pictures from last year....all of the decorations on the little cottage. It looks as pretty in the winter as in the summer. You've been working really hard to accomplish all of that.
Thanks for sharing. I'm off to check out this recipe for the Advent Cranberry Cake.....it looks yummy!!!!!
Marsha, I've always enjoyed seeing pictures of your garden cottage .. It's beautiful no matter what the season. .. With that said, as Candy Cane Lane it's delightful .. a true winter wonderland
Love the cookie pics, especially the candy cane kiss ones.
I'm always happy to see more bird pictures. We aren't seeing as many birds as usual.
Marsha,
What a great variety of photos you've posted. I would love to sample those choc macaroons, and then I saw the choc mint and then the advent cranberry cakes...visual overload here!! Your little junco pic with his head buried in the snow was really good...I've never seen a song bird bury his head in anything... they are usually very cautious! lol great shot.
Love all your Christmas wreaths and decorations..hope you made it thru the storm ok and that squirrel came out of hiding!!
Post a Comment