Monday, December 29, 2008

winter visitor...

It's been a busy few days but I just wanted to share that the redpolls are back! So far, I have only seen a few females so I hope the males will be not be far behind.

9 comments:

Wanda said...

What a delightful little bird. I would suppose it's name is for that little patch of red on top.

I wish I had different kinds of birds in my yard. But I will visit them in yours.

LOL:Wanda

Jayne said...

Isn't he beautiful? Lucky you!

Peggy said...

I have never had a redpoll, but can't wait for my first...beautiful shot Marsha!

Unknown said...

that's a pretty little birdie. You know darn well if there is a female around, there will be a male not far behind!!

RuthieJ said...

OH Cool!! I'm so jealous! I keep watching at my feeders, but even the pine siskins have deserted my feeding stations lately.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Aww- lucky you!

I've been watching too. Send a few my way please!!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I've never seen one - lucky you! Hope you're feeling better too :)

Cynthia said...

What a sweet, fluffy little bird. I was unfamiliar with that species. I searched and found a photo of a male redpoll. What a nice looking bird.

Marsha, I look forward to seeing a photo of yours when the males arrive.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Marsha, you've been tagged! Go to my blog and see why and don't blame me - LOL!