Saturday, June 13, 2009

something magical...

I knew when I saw this columbine in a nursery that I had to have it! Not only was it gorgeous but the name "Winky Red & White" sounded like it would surprise me. You know...like when someone "winks" at you after doing something on the sly. I planted Winky under the Pine Lady and fed her some fertilizer and water and went about my garden chores of spending my days weeding and watering.Only the Pine Lady really knew that something magical was happening with her...
Then one day I saw it! A little door in Pine Lady's trunk...Winky had attracted fairies...something I had been wishing for a couple years now. It was just like in "Field of Dreams" plant it and they will come...
Soon I spied a bright spot of blue and it was something magical - a tiny little cascading waterfalls. I should have planted Winky years ago!
Wow! Not only was there a waterfalls, but Winky was surrounded by a park like setting with an outdoor pavillion and a fairy riding the cascading stream.
It truly was something magical as the stream disappeared underneath a stone leaf patio and a bridge, stone path and iron arbors appeared.
Soon there was a rustic gate between the fairies home and leaf patio...
that opened to a magical little meditation spot under the mushrooms.
The whole scene was just something magical!
I just love Winky Red & White!

Okay, so I wasn't spending all my time weeding and watering ;) I wanted to wait and show you the fairy garden when all the new little coleus trees have grown around it as well as all the self seeders that will enclose it but with Hershey still learning what "get out of the garden" means I figured I better take some photos immediately. She has been pretty good in this area so I hope it stays that way.

A special thanks to my blog readers for inspiration pieces. Bernie & his wife, Theresa made the leaf stone patio and to Bonnie & Kathy who brought the mushrooms on their visit to my garden last fall.

Looking back to the links showing Bernie and Kathy & Bonnie's visit I just realized that next Tuesday, June 16th is my 3 year anniversary of starting this simple little garden blog that blossomed into a garden and garden of life blog. How fun to look back and see how diligent I used to be with quotes and poems...and yes, I still love them but I need days with spare time to include them. This is my 549th post on this blog, so my little kitchen blog is a newborn in comparsion. I hope to be more faithful with that blog too when things settle down in July.

It just amazes me that I have a little over 46,000 viewings on the stat counter from loyal readers such as all of you. To celebrate my 3 year milestone I am going to have a give-a-way as I have seen on other blogs. To enter please leave a comment on this post or if you prefer, click on the red flower email link and say you want to enter. I'll copy all the names down and have little Alexis draw out a winner and they will receive a set of 12 of my garden photo cards. Announcement will be made on my blogoversary, June 16th.

Have a wonderful weekend...I hope something magical is in store for you!

22 comments:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a cute, magical spot, Marsha! I'm surprised the fairies hadn't found your beautiful garden long ago ;) Your granddaughter must love it!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Could you hear me?
I gasped at each new picture!
What a tiny little treat you've created.

Kathy said...

I love the little magical kingdom you've created in your garden. "Enchanting"
Congratulation on your 3 year blog anniversary. Thanks for being such a dedicated blogger. Your blog is the best, I look forward to each new post.
Kathy

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Oh how you just put a smile on my face Marsha. A heartfelt congratulations on your 3 year blog anniversary. I was never into blogging until I visited your blog. I look forward to every one of your posts, truly. I am glad the fairies have found your garden. If I were a fairy, I'd head to your garden. Again, congratulations! I look forward to another year of wonderful posts from you.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I forgot to mention, that Winky is lovely.

Skoots1moM said...

i can see you had so much fun putting together that spot...
the kids will love it too

thanks for throwing my name into the giveaway!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Very cute and well done.The Columbine are beautiful.
Blessings,Ruth

Carol said...

Marsha, best post yet! You are definitely magical! I love the fairy garden, and Winky is gorgeous! I can see how you couldn't resist!

Congrats on your three years, your blog is outstanding! I learn so much!

Bonnie said...

Marsha-Your blog has been so much fun to follow. I have truly enjoyed it, and I have looked forward to each post. Thank you for your encouragement!

Kathleen said...

That is just adorable! How did you ever find the mini arbors etc?
I love it..and the little garden fairy reminds me of the one Barb sent me for my birthday. I have it on my lamp table on the porch..it always brings a smile to my face, as your magical garden does...
How do you find time to this with all you have going on!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

It was just so much fun to visit your pretty little fairy garden! Those fairies thought of everything a fairy village would require. Thank you for letting us visit Fairyland. Wow! 3 years of blogging! Congratulations! I would love to be entered in the drawing. laurie

Rox @ Carthage said...

Wonderful, fun fairy tale. I enjoy your every post. Thank you for all you do.
Rox @ Carthage

Suzy said...

You are definitely one of my garden heros Marsha. I need to find Winky..the fairies lurk somewhere on the otherside of my fence (I saw a patch of herb robert there today). I need to entice them in... :-) Your fairies have made themselves right at home. LOVE LOVE LOVE the waterfall. My fairies might have to copy yours. Would that be a fairy faux pas?

Wanda said...

You have created a darling fairy garden. Wish I was a couple of inches high, and see it from that angle!!

Enjoyed your previous posts too.



LOL:Wanda

PJ said...

What a wonderland! Now I want something like that for my own. It's so sweet.
Congratulations on your third anniversary!

Lori E said...

Congratulations on so many years of blogging. I can barely wrap my head around my first 4 months.
You are very creative and light of spirit. The faerie door on the tree is so cute.
Thanks for the opportunity to win your art cards.

Foley said...

Marsha - now you have really outdone yourself! Everything is so cute..did you make some of it? I love the little fairies..and the water feature!! You NEED grandchildren...lol
Winky is gorgeous...

jalynn01 said...

Marsha: Oh what talent and creativity you possess!! The little pieces you added to your garden are just darling and the magic is sure to catch on and Mr.Wnky R & W is beautiful. My granddaughter would love everything about that magic kingdom you built.

Unknown said...

Marsha - how cute is that garden! Your posts always bring a smile to my face - congratulations on 3 years!
Love that wonderful Mr. Wnky - what a beauty!

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, how SWEET! You are the magical one, everything you touch is just amazing. Wondeful ideas abound! I'm late and think I missed the drawing... boo hoo! But, still worth a visit to see what you've been up to... in your spare time! ;-)

Unknown said...

Something magical indeed....please put my name in the drawing.

RuthieJ said...

My virus has kept me away from visiting for a few days Marsha, but I'm amazed at your little fairy garden and happy 3rd blogoversary!