Tuesday, June 23, 2009

SUCCESS!

On Sunday evening it was cool and drizzling out so I decided to try and stage a photo by the "By His Hands" birdfeeder once again. First to arrive on the scene was a pesky grackel who rinsed out his mouth and took a quick bath before I scared him off...didn't even want a photo of that messy thing near my pretty set up!
Then some eyes appeared from behind...
and came around to read the invitation to be fed.
I fill this feeder with "woodpecker mix" which is dried fruit and nuts and whole peanuts in the shell. The robins have been arriving daily to pick out the fruit...
and the bluejays come for the peanuts.
I would call this photo shoot a success! I might have to try it seasonally with different colored flowers and different seeds to see who I might attract next.

18 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

you're so talented...and He provides such great models for you to shoot!!

Dirt Princess said...

Great shots

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Congratulations! It was only a matter of time and patience. What great shots! Look at all the clem blossoms in the background - such a beautiful setting!

From the Old InkWell said...

Oh Marsha, I love these shots!! Awesome bluejay shot. What a good idea!

jalynn01 said...

I didn't realize how busy I had been until I see how many posts you have made since I've been here. Love the "By His hands" set up. how beautiful! and the wedding looked like the place to be. So much fun!! On down I love the Oriole bathing! Summertime is such a busy time, but I love seeing your flowers and birds!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That was a great Idea and very successful.The flowers are vibrant.
Blessings,Ruth

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

How great that is! Beautiful photos. laurie

A Grain of Salt said...

Marsha, you always amaze me with the bird pics. Really nice!

Carol said...

Great shots, Marsha! You are always successful in our eyes, those are fantastic pictures!

Foley said...

Patience paid off!! Gorgeous shots..

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I always enjoy your photos! What a neat idea staging.

Jayne said...

Yay!! That last shot is Birds and Blooms worthy Marsha!! Gorgeous!

RuthieJ said...

Oh Marsha, that is so neat! I love the shot of the robin--it really looks like he/she is reading the words!
Can't wait to see your next installment.

Wanda said...

What a most perfect, excellent shot. I love coming to visit your outstanding blog... the life, the color the peace, the love...on and on...
You are the greatest, Marsha!


LOL:Wanda

marmee said...

i would call this a beautiful success. wonderful way to attract your little bird friends.

Robin Lambright said...

Just beautiful! I love watching the birds, sadly our new puppy seems to have redirected the blue birds from our bird house. The built a nest last years and we even had a few hatchlings, regretfully we have had no activity what so ever around the bird house this year. Oh well live and learn.

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings
Robin

BJ said...

Marsha - so beautiful! You have such a talent with that camera of yours.

I hope all is well with you. Your pictures are always so lovely. This time of year is just the best....minus the humidity! In Maryland...you can't easily escape the humidity.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Suzy said...

Amazing shots Marsha! I think they were all successful. You need to submit some to a birding magazine. they are so vivid!