
I'm busy in the garden these days as I try to stay ahead of the weeds so photo taking is a low priority. Yesterday, I had to get out the camera to show this tree swallow pair check out all the birdhouses for a future home. As long as the camera was in hand, I took a little walk to show some current blossoms. FYI: The swallows might choose the house below as they visited it off and on into the evening so I am going to leave the weeds in that area for a few days to see if they continue to visit.

In the gardens...I'm thrilled to see buds on all of the front roses...
"Nearly Wild"

"Hope for Humanity"

"Morden Sunrise"

"Lena"

Someone commented the other day on their Nelly Moser being darker after I showed a blossom like this one...

she is much darker as she first opens her blossoms but in my garden fades quickly to the light blossom. If you aren't sure if she is Nelly...look for the dark maroon stamen tips.

Rebecca is still wowing me...

and Mr. President just started blossoming which makes me smile.

The old fashioned peonies are opening and filling the area with the most wonderful scent...

and the columbines are putting on a show. I thrilled with the first blossoms of this dark purple one as the seeds were saved and given to me by my daughter. Thanks Jayme!

As I was waiting for blogger to upload...

all my photos, I noticed another local blogger...

also did a post today on...

columbines ;)

Click
HERE to see and read Bonnie's photos and info on the Colorado State flower.
18 comments:
OMGosh! Gorgeous!
WOW, is all I have to say!!
Robin
i know what you mean about the weeds...and not photographing them. why is it they can grow in any kind of conditions? i love how many columbines you have, i planted my first two in the early spring this year and really love them.
Love the birdies apartment shopping...Your blooms are gorgeous. Love all of the Clematis!!
I could watch the little birdies all day, your roses, clematis, peonies are gorgeous and the columbines are stunning, that dark purple is exquisite, little orchids we call them, happy weekend and happy gardening, Kathy.
All your birdhouses seem to have some paintings on them.. did you paint them? Very nice!
It's nice to see so many of your flowers are blooming such beautiful colors for you..glad to hear you got some rain to help you out!
I love your birdhouses. You have some very nice pretties growing there. Weeding never seems to end.
Love all the flowers.The Morden Sunrise Rose was developed just a few blocks down the road from where I live.It is a gorgeous rose.
Blessings,Ruth
Oh Marsha, you know I love seeing the cute little swallows and their new home. Precious birdhouses too!
Beautiful 'happenings', Marsha! All of your photos make me smile :)
Beeee u ti ful! laurie
Beautiful post Marsha! It was me that asked about Nelly. I will inspect my stamen tomorrow. :-) Love the colubmine especially the pink and yellow one. I really really really need that one! :-)
Wow!! What lovely blooms in your garden.
Beautiful colors on your blooms!! How many birdhouses do you have????
Just gorgeous, Marsha. I love visiting your garden!
Visiting your garden with the blooms of every variety is like a walk in the fresh air! I love it! How beautiful and I'm so glad you share it with us. The birdie houses are cute and I hope the swallow chooses one and we get to see babies! Great post!
And what a garden it is, Marsha. It's beautiful.
http://skirkman.blogspot.com/2009/06/story-tagdoncha-doncha-wanna.html
have a great weekend.
Wow Marsha, your flowers are all so beautiful--especially those columbines!
I saw a dark purple one at Hy-Vee last weekend and I think I'm going to go back and purchase it for the memorial garden we'll be planting at the nature center this weekend (my master naturalist capstone project)
Post a Comment