It's a beautiful Monday for a mosaic here in central MN. Why? you may ask...because we got some much needed rain after our 3rd driest May on record. The garden is beautiful with the raindrops and I am happy because I won't be dragging hoses around for a few days. A look outside and the driveway is scattered with mud puddles and that always...
makes me think of this poem.
The poem on the photo...Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions
(author unknown)
When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard.
My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.
When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away.
My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.
When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen.
My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.
When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.
When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.
My kids say, "Hi God! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."
When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and dirty carpets.
My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross, and worms to play with.
I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from? No wonder God loves the little children! Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Though I no longer have little kids, I still love this poem...I used to enclose it in baby cards to remind parents that yes, even though it may not seem like it in those first few sleep lacking months...your kids will grow up too quickly and hearing them talk and tell stories of their childhood you will look back and remember all those fun little things and suddenly realize they really were big things.
I'm enjoying Mosaic Mondays hosted by Mary at the Little Red House. Thank you Mary for such a wonderful themed event - it's makes Monday's a lot more fun for me and I'm sure the rest of those joining in.
28 comments:
Great mosaics and the poem is so ture.We need to learn from the children.
Your garden mosaic is just gorgeous. I am captivated by the bunny and the robin. Thank you for sharing.
Such a nice treat to read the poem today along with the photos. We had a terrible dry spell here in GA and we are still trying to catch up in water in our lakes. We have sprinkler systems and honestly I think they are the best invention ever.
Joyce
so pretty
Glad you got your rain and you made it the subject of your Mosaics..
Very nice :0)
Awww! Love the bunny & the bird!
Hi Marsha, So glad you got the rain you needed. We have been getting a whole lot of the wet stuff. :) thanks for sharing your beautiful mosaics, and that wonderful poem! :)
That'sa wonderful poem Marsha, a reminder to look for the joy in every situation.
What a sweet poem! Love your mosaics..especially the rain drops. Hersheys getting to be such a ham! He must love to have his picture taken!
Your right about dragging hoses. What a relief after 3 inches here in the southeast last night.
Lovely mosaic ... glad that it finally rained ... dragging hoses is not fun. Hershey looks like she enjoyed the rain and the mud puddles, tool
Great mosaic, Marsha. We have had a lot of rain..3 sunny days, and now more rain on the way!
Marsha, we have been dry also, and the much needed rain is in the forecast for tonight. I'm actually getting excited about it. LOL
I love the poem, and Mr. Hershey is such a handsome fella. Wonderful mosiac for Monday!
Beautiful garden you have, and lovely mosaic. I love your pup, Hershey! What a cutie ... :)
What a relief you finally got some rain, Marsha! Your flowers should 'pop'. But, then it's back to weeding again.
Isn't it funny how these pups always have to put a little twist on things. They always need to be involved!
The poem sure takes me back a few years...it's so touching and true!
Great mosaic and post, Marsha! I love Hershey playing in the puddles :)
We've had plenty rain here in NY, Marsha, glad you're finally getting your share :) I love the mosaics! Hershey and the puddles! Fun!
What a great poem! I love it! So true!
I'm happy you got much needed rain! We have been pretty dry here too. LOVE both mosaics but especially Hershey's. Soooooo cute!!!Sweet poem too. :-)
Marsha, As usual your photos are lovely. I love the way you have put them together. I will have to try this sometime soon. We've had a nice rainy spring too so I know what you mean. It's the prettiest time of the year for our yard and flowers.
Glad you all got some much needed rain Marsha. We've been really blessed this spring with a good bit. Love the poem. :c)
Lovely mosaic and esp. liked the poem..so true so true.. nothing like watching the little ones to remember how life is suppose to be viewed!!
Glad you finally got some rain..to help those Marsha gardens take bloom!!
Wonder mosiacs!!
What a lovely post ... rich and varied images and thoughts! Love your two mosaics and am delighted to have discovered your blog along with Monday Mosaics today. Here in Southern California we've not had much rain this year but have had a few drizzles this week. My lab Molly would LOVE to play with Hershey (perfect name for your pooch)!
Hugs and blessings,
Re Hibiscus: If I find seed this year, I'll gather you some...
Beautiful garden mosaic's Marsha! We have had so much rain in Maryland. More than we've had in many years. And more in the forecast too!
I really enjoyed the poem....and boy, is that true. They come into our lives and you blink and they are all grown up. But then we get to enjoy our grandchildren. They are the absolute best!
Thanks for a lovely post!
Very nice mosaic, Marsha.
Your mosaics are so pretty. Love the wildlife mixed with the florals in that first one. I really enjoyed the poem, and it reminded me of my granddaughter the other day when she came in and said "I played in the muddles and got juice in my boots"! From the mouths of babes! laurie
Hi Marsha! Your mosaics look so nice--do you use a program to make them or do you put them together that way by yourself?
Post a Comment