Monday, June 01, 2009

June 1st garden walk...part 2

The path towards the pond on May 1st
June 1st - there still isn't much annual color as I let "self-seeders" fill in this area. Notice, I did take out the cast iron chimnea and fireplace accessories as we feel we won't use it since we enjoy the new firepit now.
The path towards the cabin on May 1st
June 1st - the plants are starting to fill in but no blossoms yet. The spaces that look bare are filled with tiny "self seeders" which should be blooming by July 1. The majority of them are imagination verbena which is hard to find so I'm thankful they self-seed.
The path towards the back arbor on May 1st
June 1st - self seeders are everywhere and I have been busy weeding the paths and transplanting some into bare areas.From the back arbor we can look back and see how patriotic the little cabin is looking these days. To cut back on watering, I eliminated the window box planters on the porch railing this year.
A view of the center garden.

The path towards the gazebo on May 1st
June 1st - clematis are starting the climb up the gazebo poles and the back wildflower border is filling in.
We continue on and cross the dry creek bed and go past the red chair back up to the path behind the house...
a look back at the path from the patio.
A view of the left side of the pond on May 1st
June 1stWe are back to the patio and the outdoor dining room where we can sit and enjoy the view of the backyard.
May 1st
June 1stThe fairies are out and getting acclimated to Hershey's roughness...by July 1, the fairy garden should be done.
I hope you enjoyed this walk...let's do it again on July 1st.

10 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Oh Marsha, I cannot wait until July 1st :-) I am enjoying the transition of your beautiful gardens.

Unknown said...

Your yard is just something else!! I love every inch of it.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Your yard is beautiful even when it's bare! Love seeing the changes. Yes- July 1st !!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

That was afun walk.It's interesting to see how things change in one month.
Blessings,Ruth

Cynthia said...

Thank you for the walk, Marsha ... The difference in one month is remarkable.

It's been a busy month for Mother Nature and you!

Skoots1moM said...

your yard comes SO ALIVE
beautiful

Foley said...

Everything is off to a good start...was wondering if you have enough breaks so the wind is not a problem on your outdoor dining area?
You truly have an oasis of your very own..beautiful!

Carol said...

What a gorgeous yard, Marsha! Amazing what a month can do! Looking forward to July's walk. It's so beautiful! I love your gazebo and the dining room, and the whole place!

Kathy said...

It's such a treat to tour your garden. Thanks so much.

Suzy said...

What a joy walking along with you in your garden Marsha. It is gorgeous..each and every step of the way. I hope you take us again in July so we can see those tiny self sowers in bloom. You have such great garden designs!