and asked for prayers for Heidi, Justin, Benjamin & Alexis while Heidi was going through the battle for her life after the initial chemotherapy for her Hodgkin's lymphoma failed and she then went through intensive chemo and a stem cell transplant. When a few bad cells remained she went through a full round of radiation and has now been cancer free for 3 years - YEAH!I know my regular readers recognize Benjamin and Alexis, I love them like they are my grandchildren instead of my brothers. Remember Alexis dancing here...
and here?
Do you remember that until allergies forced me to quit getting "real" Christmas trees, the only ones that graced our home were the ones Benjamin picked out and helped cut down...
Back to the reason for the part 2 to the "I love my family" posts. As you may have seen on my sidebar for the last several weeks, this family is going through the unimaginable. My nephew, Justin, was diagnosed in October with a rare and aggressive cancer, peritoneal mucinous carcinomatosis, and currently is fighting his own battle for his life. They travel 4 hours (one way) every other week to seek the best medical care they can at the Mayo Clinic which is one of the best in the world. The first four rounds of chemo did not bring the results everyone was praying for so he has begun a different chemo regiment and will have another scan after 4 treatments. Please pray for him and the doctors so that the right treatment will be found.Through all of these trials they have kept such positive attitudes. In a recent conversation with Justin he said if you don't keep positive and have faith it would be impossible to get through this. Look at their smiling faces at our extended family calendar shoot in December.
One of the items on the auction will be a old fashioned garden tea party for six in Marsha's Garden. I couldn't find the photos of my later parties where the treats got much more elaborate but here is a collage of the first one I ever did.
If you live in driving distance of my garden and would like to bid, please do so. You can attend the benefit to bid or if you email me by Saturday evening (click on the icon on the sidebar), I will be happy to put a bid in for you.We hope to see many people at the benefit on Sunday and are hoping our Minnesota weather cooperates. I'll be one of the many clad in green t-shirts.
11 comments:
Oh Marsha! I can't believe they are going through this!!! my heart goes out to your nephew & his whole family!!!
I have family in Clara City...LeRoy & Gwen Janeisch I will have to ask Gwen if they know them. Your tea party looks AMAZING!!!!
Great post mom! You've said it all. I'm going to just link to your post instead of creating a whole new one.
Great post - I know the benefit will be a big success. I can't believe how big Benjamin and Alexis have gotten.
Will keep Justin in my prayers.
Love and prayers for all of you. I pray the peace that surpasses understanding as your family walks through this.
You are an amazing member of the family, Marsha, for all you do! I know the benefit will be a huge success!
I feel the need to comment after STITK's Susan said "for all I do", I am just a very small part of a large committee of friends and family putting on this benefit. I will blog the efforts and the amount of people it takes to work this on Monday :)
Benjamin and Alexis are precious! I am impressed with all that is being done for this family, including the emotional and financial support.
OMG Marsha,
This family has already been through so much. I pray that they are given strength and courage to go on.
Good luck with the benefit and please know many will be thinking of them.
Cindy
Marsha, What I wonderful idea with the tea party. I just may have to bid on that one. With all the love and support of the town I'm sure this event will be a huge success.
There are times when we can't even imagine having challenges like this, and this is one of them. This little family has endured more than most of us will in a lifetime. I pray that your benefit is a smashing success Marsha and I will remember them in my prayers as well.
Good luck with the benefit, what a fantastic family and town, such amazing support! The benefit will be an outstanding success! I wish Justin and his family well, they're in my prayers!
Post a Comment