Today, I am joining my friend, Suzy, Kitchen Bouquet for her weekly Flashback Friday meme. Usually, I am posting new stuff each week so I don't often join in but ever since last night my heart and mind have been flashing back to January 21, 1979. Last night, I was reminiscing to Jeff how 32 years ago we were walking into the hospital at 10 pm and suddenly were being honked and yelled at by a car a block away. Turns out it was my 2 brothers and their wives who were downtown having dinner and thought wouldn't it be funny if they drove by the hospital and saw if our car was there - and lo and behold there we were walking into the hospital (only 10 days after our baby's due date!). A short 3 hours later we welcomed into the world our beautiful firstborn son, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!
I love the photo of us on your first morning of life - you look like a little old man, but soon you filled out to be the most handsome little baby boy ever! I also love how you are not afraid to look silly and still pose with your mom in snowflake glasses. Dad and I both love how you have grown into such a wonderful man, caring son, loving husband and best big brother! We hope you have a wonderful Day - Love, MOM & DAD. Stay warm, interesting weather tidbits - today, January 21, 2011 we woke up to 17 degrees below zero and dangerously cold windchills. In 1979, January 19th was a whiteout blizzard and I was so afraid of going into labor and not being able to get to the hospital 20 miles away. Dad being the farmboy he is, told me not to worry he saw lots of foals and calves born in his lifetime and he could deliver you! January 20th was bright and clear and the roads were cleared and all was well when I went into labor mid afternoon and into the hospital that night. January 21st was another nice day where the Grandparents all came to the hospital to ooh and aahh over you. January 22nd was another blizzard and Dad couldn't even come up to visit us - the morning of January 23rd was clear with another blizzard forecast for later that day, so the doctor told me to tell Dad to come in and pick us up asap. I am thankful we had good weather to get to and from the hospital and being snowed in and loving you all to ourselves with no other visitors for awhile just was the BEST!
I loved your sister's post - I didn't know you could rock a cowbell!
6 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATHAN!!! Great blog post mom. I laughed when you said he looked like an "old man" Ha! I also like the picture of him on the green blankie - who knew that it would become my FAVORITE BLANKIE!!
Happy Birthday Nathan. I hope he has a wonderful day!
I've been praying for Justin :-)
Blessings,
Marcia
Happy Birthday to your little boy, Marsha ;)
Happy Birthday to Nathan! Time flies! What a handsome guy :)
What a sweet post my friend. Happy birthday to Nathan!
What an awesome flashback Marsha!!! I love the story :-) And you with baby Nathan is precious. Happy Birthday to Nathan! Thanks for playing along this week :-)
Post a Comment