Thursday, January 06, 2011

turkeys in the tree...

It is always a thrill for me to spot wild turkeys since they do not live in my immediate area so even though these photos are bad (taken through the pickup windshield on a gray snowy day) I am posting them because we have never seen a turkey so high up in a tree before. You can see the height of the cottonwood compared to the regular trees. Yesterday, Jeff & I were driving down by Echo, MN when we spotted something high up in a cottonwood tree from a 1/2 mile away. As we drove closer we spotted not only one but 3 wild turkeys.
One was spooked enough to fly to a different branch but they remained on the tree as we slowly drove up to them.
We stopped long enough to catch these last 2 shots before driving on but it was crazy cool to see them up high up in a tree like that.

Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Darla said...

Thank you for sharing images I would never get to see. This is crazy cool!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Silly birds!

Auntie Cake said...

Those babies ARE high up! We are innundated with turkeys around here, but I have never seen them that far up in a tree. Often around dusk I will see them about 10 feet off the ground, not like you saw them! I wonder what scared them so high...

Love your new camera bag! And it looks great with the boots!
Kate

(I am planning a trip with my dad to see the swans this year! Thanks for telling us about them, I really can't wait!)

Carol said...

Cool pics, Marsha! Kind of spooky but those are pretty cool Turkeys!

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

I didn't even know turkeys sat in trees! The only time I ever saw wild turkeys was on a visit to MN. Cool!

-Pam

trishatfox said...

That is crazy. We have lots of turkeys in our neighborhood. Go figure. I've never seen one in a tree at all, let alone that high up. I'm glad you stopped to shoot them. I don't mean shoot... well,you know what I mean.

Jayne said...

OK, so that is freaky looking! Sort of like seeing ducks up in trees! Too funny!

Foley said...

Have only seen them on the ground..too cool to see them high in the tree!! Great shot..