Sunday, January 16, 2011

Steeple Sunday...

Life got busy for a while and I've missed showing you Steeple Sundays. I have a bunch I photographed last summer in the archives and I continually notice new ones I need to stop and take a photo of. Today's steeple is small, probably the smallest I've shown besides the garden ornament one. It is only slightly higher than the church's door.
We discovered this tiny church while cycling to Blue Mounds State park last September. It is a wayside rest that invites you to pause, rest and worship.
The inside held six tiny pews, bottled water to quench your physical thirst and brochures covering any topic that you might be restless about to quench your spiritual thirst.
There were 6 tiny stained glass windows
I loved that it had a note to leave the light on...it sits waiting for the next visitor day or night.
I don't remember the name of the hwy but it is on the road to Luverne, MN.
Have a wonderful Sunday!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

How quaint and awesome the small chapel. I'm terrifically interested in the story...who, how maintained, etc.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

What a sweet little chapel, Marsha! I love the sign to leave the light on :)

trishatfox said...

What a magical find. Well, maybe not magical. More like divine.

Jayne said...

What a sweet, sweet stopping place. :c)

Carol said...

I think I love that one best! What a lovely place!