
Last week when I was sick I spent a lot of time catching up on reading blogs and saw
this post from Darla, More Family and Flowers. Taking photos of flowers in mason jars sounded like fun and while Darla did elaborate shots with foilage, different backgrounds, and eye catching angles (on top of a lampshade) I only had time yesterday to do a few simple shots before it was time to leave for the day. Thanks Darla for the inspiration and Jeff for the flowers
(even though I had to hint how they would make me feel better when I was sick, lol)!
First up was a red gerber daisy in the Ball Mason jar which is round and also has raised glass bars along the edges.

Next, is the Atlas Mason Jar which has a square bottom and I continued to use different colored cardstock for backgrounds.

The third jar does not have any "brand" markings but is gorgeous with an all over square pattern in the glass.

Of course, I had to try the same thing with a couple different colored blossoms...



and never to waste a flower, the cut off blossom heads are now floating in a heart shaped ramekin.

Darla did
one more post yesterday showing the photo she chose to enter in the contest. It is beautiful! No contests for me, I did this just for fun and I think during the long boring winter you will see many more things in a mason jar :)
You should try it, Darla's post shows the link on how to do it - flower in the jar and camera resting on the mouth of the jar if you have a point and shoot. My lens was too big to rest on the rim but I still think the shots turned out fine.
8 comments:
How sweet of you to mention me...I'm a little pink cheeked now. You should enter one of this, they are great!
Great pictures.If only I had some flowers around,I would give this a try.Guess I'm too cheap to buy myself flowers :)
Ruth
Love it! We will all be asking for flowers from our hubby's so we can all do this...I may just go buy them myself and save the wait!
Blessings
R
Such beauty! I love the hinting to hubby. I have some mason jars in a cupboard I haven't used in a long while...I am inspired :)
What a creative idea! They are so beautiful Marsha.
Really pretty. I wish I had just one creative bone in my body. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope you're right as rain, now.
My mother had a wonderful antique jar collection and I have some of them. Great idea!
Marsha, I love the third mason jar, it created such a different effect! What an imagination you have...great photos!
Post a Comment