Friday, May 02, 2008

the Tennessee Warbler

I was walzing,
with my darling,
to the Tennessee-walz,
when an old friend,
I happen to see.
I introduced him,
to my loved one,
and when they were dancing,
my friend stole my sweetheart from me.
(lyrics to the Tennessee Walz)
I really am loving this spring migration! This is another new one in my garden...the Tennessee Warbler. I feel like I know the ending to the walz and they will soon be gone, but I sure hope they stay awhile.

5 comments:

BJ said...

Well....the Tennessee Warbler is indeed a beauty. I know so little about birds but I love to visit with you to see what beauty you've posted that day!

The colors are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I've never seen such a thing.
By the way - the gebe is alive and
well.
Thank you for each post!
Rox

Wanda said...

Great picture of the Tennessee Warbler, and I do love that song... May I have this dance??

RuthieJ said...

Looks like you've got some good migration action going on there Marsha. Aren't the warblers grand?

Jayne said...

I am still not seeing the migration I thought I might compared to last year. Lovely warbler Marsha. Lucky you! :c)