When you watch for
Feather or fur
Feather or fur
Do not stir.
Do not stir.
Feather or fur
Come crawling
Creeping
Some come peeping
Some by night
And some by day.
Most come gently
All come softly
Do not scare a friend away.
(John Becker)
With all the rain we have been having it is too wet to garden so I enjoy sitting quietly outside and watching the birds come. This morning there were 5 male baltimore orioles as well as 3 females all fighting over the feeding station. Look who joined the party (lower right at the jelly feeder and below)...an orchard oriole!

There is still lots of warbler activity high in the tree tops as only the yellow rumps venture into the garden. This is an extremely cropped photo but I just had to show you one of the
Magnolia Warblers (click on the name to learn/see more) who are visiting. They do quite an acrobatic show when they fly out to capture an insect midair.

Remember the
Tennesse Warbler? Well, now I have a
Nashville Warbler to add to the garden guest list. This guy was really hard to capture sitting still...click on his name to see a better photo and learn more.
.JPG)
I am loving each new discovery I make during this spring migration and am actually thankful for the rain so that it gives me time to sit and "not stir"!
3 comments:
Oh lordy, that first shot made my heart swoon. So many orioles!!! Lucky you! Love your warblers too.
Marsha, the pictures are colorful and wonderful! I'm going to get stock in grape jelly. :)
Rox
All those Orioles! What fun!
Post a Comment