A bird in the hand is a certainty, but a bird in the bush may sing.
(Bret Harte)
It was rainy and cold yesterday and I didn't see the little yellow rumped warblers most of the day. Around 6 pm, I looked out and they had found the suet feeder and were feeding. The suet cake was almost gone and I wanted them to stay so I went out and refilled it along with crumbling some up in a dish. I was barely back inside and they were back. The bright colored one below kept chasing off the one shown in the bush...is he an immature male?

I just think they are the cutest little birds and hope they stick around a little longer. This morning I was watching one flit about the garden when I was thinking "this guy's yellow rump really shows up"...suddenly I realized it is because he doesn't have a tail!
8 comments:
I love these shots of the Yellow Rumps Marsha! I never see them like this. They pass through here and are much more muted in color. Poor little guy with no tail. Wonder what happened to him?
Oh no-no tail! Maybe a close encounter with a hawk or a cat??
Thanks for putting out the extra suet for them--they've had a long journey and it sounds like they appreciate your special treat.
So sweet, Marsha!! He is a cutie. I don't see them in my area and certainly enjoy seeing them through you.
Oh....if that is not the sweetest little guy! Great picture Marsha. Colors are so pretty. And if you enlarge you can see the fuzzies on the branches coming out!
Oh wow, she is so beautiful.
How cute ~~ and those little splashes of yellow ~~ nice.
Post a Comment