Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
While I have been looking with envy at spring arriving around the country in other's blogs, I have been looking outside in my own yard and seeing mostly black & brown.
(one little 1" grape hyancith didn't count)
But finally the grass is green and ready for it's first mowing, the trees are leafing out and this morning I have my first three tulips blooming! The leaves on the trees are making it harder to spot the wood ducks but I am fortunate to still see them everyday.

The birds are getting a little more used to me being outside all the time and are becoming less afraid...though this flicker was still a little wary of my presence and flew off as soon as he spotted me.

The white crowned sparrows have joined the migration party. The white throats are still here as well as the yellow rump warblers but the yellow warblers have moved on before I managed to capture a photo.

Mother Robin does indeed have "eyes behind her head" oh wait...I guess she just turns her head to look behind...

and all birds enjoy a good scratch once in awhile including this brown thrasher.
7 comments:
This is a terrific post Marsha! What a wonderful series of photos too.
Yay! Marsha has tulips! :c) I still giggle out loud when I see those wood ducks up in the tree!!
I guess in Minnesota the Spring wait is a little longer than us in PA. Glad it finally happened. Beautiful tulips, and wood ducks in a tree! How cool is that. Nice post.
How can one just pick one lovely picture when you bring us a lavished banquet of beauty!!
Wonderful, every lovely picture is the best!
Your pictures are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the colorful tulips and all of the bird shots. One is prettier than the other! I love coming here.....I am never disappointed!
Hi Marsha! Sometimes after seeing what everyone else has first, it can means so much more to us when we finally get the same. I can say I have seen tulips blooming everywhere here and it's like a renewal to see yours just starting to bloom!! They are beautiful!
Wood Ducks in your tree, WOW, that is a real treat!
Very nice post, Marsha!
The tulips are breath-taking!
Post a Comment