
This guy arrived today is and spent hours flying in short little bursts to grab insects mid air and on the ground.

I didn't want to scare him away so stayed back to get the photos, sorry for the poor quality.

I could not even find him in my bird book. Does anyone know the id?
Thank you to BirdGirl for telling me he is a male yellow rumped warbler in full breeding plumage. My bird guide does not show the breeding plumage but I found a shot online and yes that is what he is...I am excited to host him.
Congratulation to Bernie for being the reader who made the 20,000 hit. It was fun to see who it would be.
3 comments:
Those are wonderful pictures Marsha. Those little guys are so busy it's hard to catch them sitting still.
Congrats!
Wow! I've seen them here, but of course, not in breeding plumage. What a great visitor you had!
Coming out of "lurkdom" to say I just saw a bunch of them for the first time yesterday! I was up in northern MN at the lake - which was still a frozen sheet of ice! It was tough to get a picture from all the little flitting around they were doing.
Kayceebeebee (Kathy in Mounds View MN)
Post a Comment