Tuesday, December 28, 2010

holiday greetings, day 28...

Today, December 28th is "Card Playing Day" and chewing gum was patented in 1869. I didn't get any card playing in during our 4 days of Christmas celebrations but learned how to play a dice game called Farkle and a new board game called Wits and Wagers. It was also fun to watch my family members "Just Dance 2" on the wii :) We had a wonderful holiday and I hope all my readers did as well.Yesterday was my birthday and in preparing this post I noticed the holidays for the 27th were "Visit the Zoo Day" and National Fruitcake Day - goodness, lucky for me I'm not too offended :)

Happy Holidays to all my readers - I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend and are taking some time out for yourself after all the parties, early mornings and late nights as I am. I'm happy you take the time to visit this blog with photos and text from an old fruitcake's "garden of life".

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Belated happy Birthday to you.
Thanks for sharing your family's celebration with me.
Blessings,Ruth

Carol said...

How funny to be born on National Fruitcake Day :) Looks like a fantastic time, Marsha!

Happy Birthday!

Darla said...

Happy Belated Birthday...not sure if our birthday's are special this close to Christmas or not. Have thought about changing mine to July or something...then again, I think I get spoiled more this way because I don't really have a special day during the year...hmmm

Jayne said...

A belated Happy Birthday Marsha! Sounds (and looks) like a great time was had by all!

Richard said...

Belated Happy Fruitcake Day...eerrr... Birthday Marsha.