
Happy Holidays! Did you know that today is
National Brownie Day? To celebrate I baked a batch of snowflake shaped brownies and enjoyed one this morning with a cup of coffee while enjoying watching the birds outside my window. I've blogged before about how I tie a dead tree branch to my bird feeder pole each winter in order to have more natural looking bird photos. Here it is right outside the window by my favorite chair.

For the past 3 mornings we have had hoar frost covered trees and by mid-morning the frost falls off like a gentle snowfall. While taking some photos of the birds visiting this am, I managed to capture some of the frost crystals on the branch below.

The goldfinches were happy to pose for me...


along with a male white-breasted nuthatch.



The bluejays and...

the juncos were not quite as cooperative, but I managed a few quick snaps that froze their action.

All the birds made a hasty exit when Ruger appeared for one of his frequent walk throughs - a good dog always has to patrol his territory :) Look at all the frost crystals on his back from his morning walk through the grove!

J is home and outside so Hershey is a one man dog and has to constantly stay by his side - no patroling for him today :)
Holiday Greetings and Best Wishes to all...I wish you a day filled with "sweet surprises" whether it is an actual treat like a brownie or a sweet gesture of love!
p.s. If you are interested in the photos of the tablesetting fair I mentioned I participated in this weekend you can find those photos,
HERE, on my kitchen blog.
9 comments:
Darn, I got my days messed up and baked choc chip cookies (cheated, they're slice and bake!) but I could go for a brownie! Is that a choc covered peppermint stick? Nice! Good treats, Marsha!
The bird shots are awesome today! But then again, they always are!
Awesome! I am going out to look for a BRANCH now!!! Love it, will be so much prettier to view mine, too. TYSM.
Have a lovely Christmas week ~
TTFN ~ Marydon
Yum! Had I known this I would have made the new brownie recipe last night to enjoy today. Save it for the weekend though.
A have funny brownie story for National Brownie Day...Joe bakes brownies every other week and brings them to school for his engineering class students. But he tells them that Mrs. C made them. Every time I see a student, they thank me over and over.
I remember your dead branch idea, and I think I'll try that this year for my bird photos.
Love your snowflake brownies!
I like the tree idea at the bird feeder.I will have to put some thought into setting something like that up for myself.
Blessings,Ruth
Thoroughly enjoy your bird photos over and over - you take such great ones!
Brownie Day - NOW you tell me!!
The treats look good, but it looks very brrrrrr there!
Love the bird shots. Love brownies. Am not loving how cold it has been.
Beautiful photos, Marsha! I love the view out of your window and the bird shots are just fantastic!
Post a Comment