Monday, December 13, 2010

holiday greetings, day 13...

December 12th was National Ambrosia Day as well as Poinsettia day. I wish I had my poinsettia from last year to show you again. It was a beautiful "ruffled" blossoming one and I saved it all winter to plant in the garden over the summer. I had great intentions of digging it back out and hopefully it would bloom once again but I forgot before the first frost hit and killed it instantly.
Today, December 13th is National Cocoa Day, it is very cold here so I think I will enjoy a cup later with marshmallow creme or fluff as it is called in some areas of the country.
Wishing you all a Happy Cocoa Day - may you have a evening filled with warmth and joy.

7 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I always enjoy your backyard photos. Happy Cocoa Day to you Marsha! I'll have mind with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Carol said...

I never thought to put fluff in the hot cocoa! I'd gladly celebrate that day with you! And I think I did. I had a lovely cup of white hot chocolate. Thank you :)

So much snow! WOW! It does look so pretty!

Kathleen said...

Pass the hot chocolate, that snow is making me cold!
Gson's cub scout troop selling poinsettia. I got two white ones, they were beautiful, and big for 13.00 Then Alma gave me a huge one,and others gave me another big red one and 2 small ones. I hope that's it. Beginning to look like a florists in here! Sad they die so quickly!

trishatfox said...

Could there be a better day for cocoa? I think not. Beautiful pictures. Almost make the snow look pleasant.

Jayne said...

Love seeing your garden all covered in white Marsha! Beautiful!

Robin Lambright said...

Truly a winter wonderland!

Just beautiful!

Merry Christmas
R

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Even though I missed Hot Cocoa Day by a day, I didn't have any special hot cocoa to drink until today ;)

Beautiful photos, as usual, Marsha!