Friday, December 31, 2010

holiday greetings, day 31...

My final holiday greeting is for New Year's eve...I wish all my readers a wonderful and safe evening as we look forward to starting the New Year! Do you stay up and celebrate? Watch the ball drop on tv or have special traditions? We have gotten together with friends for many years to play cards well into the wee hours of the new year. Sometimes we are having so much fun we forget to notice the clock :) It is always a fun time of good food, good conversations and good friends and this year it is at our home - that being said it is calm and beautiful outside as I type this but we are in a winter storm warning this afternoon and a blizzard warning tonight and tomorrow. Who knows how we will be ringing in 2011 here this year?

Jeff & I drove through the MN river bottom on Wednesday and spotted these wild turkeys.

They were camera shy and flew off as soon as we stopped but it a joy for a prairie girl like me to spot them in the first place!

5 comments:

Darla said...

Stock up on good finger foods and warm drinks Marsha. You and Jeff see the neatest things on your adventures. A Blessed New Year to you and yours!

Foley said...

We have wild turkeys just walking down the side of the highway!! LOL Funny birds... Great photos.
Have a wonderful NYE - we're in an ice storm. Great to live in the Midwest.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Nothing like ringing in the new year with a blizzard! I hope you have a few extra blankets and a pull out sofa :) Have a great time tonight!

Great shots of the turkeys! We saw some go through our yard last year but haven't seen any since then.

Happy New Year, Marsha!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great images.I have never captured them in flight.
Happy New Year.

Simple Home said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. Have fun playing cards!
I always love your beautiful photos.
Blessings,
Marcia