Saturday, December 11, 2010

happy holidays, day 11...

It's time to make pasta salad after all it is National Noodle-Ring Day! With dangerously cold wind chills and a storm in full force - I think I will opt for a soup with noodle rings instead :)As we look outside our windows a storm is blowing out the front windows but our backyard is protected by the wind so the many birds and creatures are enjoying breakfast in Santa's Garden.
After the squirrel had his fill of cracked corn on the sleigh he moved on to the feeders for some black oil sunflower seeds.
He took a break from munching to eat snow off the top of this red birdhouse.
When I filled the feeders yesterday I put peanuts in the shell in this snowman's hat but with the fresh snow the bluejays have yet to find them.
But someone seems to be eyeing the snowman...
thankfully he hasn't moved over to it yet.
It seems like we have had a lot of snow already this season so I was telling J that it would be a long winter. He said what do you mean "winter" it hasn't even officially started yet we are still in the last weeks of autumn! Yikes, thanks for reminding me...

Happy Holidays! I wish you all a wonderful weekend filled with joy, love & family!

7 comments:

Foley said...

I think the squirrel thought the snow on top of the bird feeder was probablt marshmallow!!
It's blowing like crazy here too...time to get the fireplace stoked up!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It looks a lot more like winter than fall.THe pictures are beautiful and the birds will be well fed.
Blessings,Ruth

Marigene said...

It looks cold! That must be the resident squirrel? He is a brave little guy out there by his lonesome.

Carol said...

Beautiful scenes, Marsha! You certainly get way more than your fair share of the white stuff!

Jayne said...

So much of the country has been bombarded with inches and inches of the "s" word. We don't say it out loud down here for fear it might dip too low and then incapacitate us for weeks. LOL! Love seeing your snow squirrel Marsha. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Even though it's not official winter yet, at least the days will start to get longer after winter arrives. The 'blizzard' missed us today, thankfully so we haven't had too much snow yet. I love the squirrel's snowy head ;)

Simple Home said...

What beautiful images Marsha! My twins are so wishing for a little snow, but so far our weather has been warmer than usual.
Blessings,
Marcia