Wednesday, December 01, 2010

holiday greetings, day 1...

After yesterday's stormy day, I couldn't believe I spotted a robin outside this morning - they are usually long gone by now.What's with the Happy Holidays on the photo & the Season's Greetings in the header? December is such a joyful holiday month that I thought I would spend my blogging posts wishing you "Happy Holidays" each and every day! There is lots to celebrate this month and while most people don't celebrate all the special holidays I found when I googled December 2010 holidays it is fun to know they exist. Did you know that today, December 1st is: Eat a Red Apple Day, National Pie Day, World Aids Awareness Day and Hanukkah begins tonight at sunset?

I wish my friend, Carol, a Happy Hanukkah and I especially want to wish all my readers "good health"! Maybe, if we all celebrate and eat a red apple today we'll be on our way to a healthy & happy year ahead.

9 comments:

jmatts said...

LOVE the new header! I wish you a stress-free holiday month. Is that even possible? And may we all get our trees trimmed and goodies baked!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am looking forward to each new post,to find out what makes each day special.
Blessings,Ruth

Carol said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Marsha!
Your header is perfect for the season, looks beautiful!

I think I could cover two of the days and have an Apple Pie?

Foley said...

Give that lil guy a map to the south! Great photo..now I'll go have an apple!

trishatfox said...

I can't believe it. What is that robin thinking?
I love your header.

Jayne said...

And the very same to you my friend!

Robin Lambright said...

Just Beautiful!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Our mild fall must have confused it! If it has to stop somewhere on it's way south it found the right place, Marsha ;)

Mollie said...

I'm just reading your December 1 blog entry today, Dec. 2, and what was I doing, or AM doing? Eating a red apple! And love the robin photos--one of my favorite birds--but yes, it does need a map with directions headed south.
Happy December to you, Marsha!!