Thursday, November 25, 2010

grateful, day 25...Happy Thanksgiving!

Today, I wish all who come to read this post a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. May your day be blessed with family, friends and great food...
1. I am grateful that yesterday's predicted ice storm turned into a windy day with a small amount of snow.
2. I'm grateful for a safe travels for those I know who traveled to family today.
3. I'm grateful that we are home and warm in our own house today as it was -1 below zero this am. The birds at the feeders were all fluffed up for warmth including this pine siskin.
I'm grateful that those pesky house sparrows are happy eating the cheap corn screenings rather than the expensive sunflower seeds!

6 comments:

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Love the sweet face on the fluffy pine siskin! Stay warm Marsha, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I must know what kind of camera are you using and what setting? Beautiful photos. Happy Holidays to you and yours. From our home to yours. Tammy

Marigene said...

Marsha, your photos are always so great...love the last one...those birds are really enjoying their Thanksgiving meal! Hope you did, too.

Suzy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend! And thank you for showing us how much we all have to be thankful for. You're a beautiful example :-)

Darla said...

The winters that you have always make me drop my jaw!

Carol said...

Glad you didn't get the ice :) Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving, your feathered friends certainly are enjoying your generosity! Love the pictures, that bird looks so sweet!