While cleaning out the wildflower garden I discovered this little guy, I'm not too excited about the width of his stripe though. According to legend, the wider the stripe the harder the winter, Yikes!
2. I'm grateful for my daughter-in-law, Tammy, who came out today on her day off to help me get some office work done so that I could be finishing up in the gardens this afternoon. Thanks Tammy!
I know there is a quote that says "may all your weeds be wildflowers" but when I found more weeds than wildflowers in the wildflower garden I decided it was time to downsize. Today, I cleaned out the garden and moved the retaining wall in behind the arbor. Next spring we'll till the back end and plant grass.
3. I'm grateful for Advil, my old muscles aren't used to all the work they have been doing the last few days. I feel like a I should be using a walker tonight :)
Ruger surveying the cleaned out garden and giving his approval to the downsizing.
Thanks for all participating in the 3 gratefuls challenge. They are so fun to read.
6 comments:
1. My craft which keeps my mind off my aching body.
2. My hopes & dreams which allow me to take mental flight once in a while.
3. Coffee in the morning.
Well, he's still got some color on either end, so you have some hope for one mild day? LOL! Poor Marsha! Bundle up!
ok, here goes...
I'm grateful to the ladies who fought to give me the right to vote. I LOVE VOTING, even with the new idiot machines they have :)
I'm grateful that I still have a few more months until my daughter can drive without us in the car.
I'm grateful that there was a "I'm grateful number 2" and will Marsha do a Grateful number 3?
And I totally agree with Tammy and her coffee! That and an evening coffee. And the ones in between :)
I am grateful that my husband warmed up my car this morning before I went to vote at 6:30 a.m.
It was 32 degrees :-(
I am grateful for the leftovers in my fridge! I didn't have to cook tonight.
I am grateful that I found a good book to read. "Amazing Gracie" is a dog tale, and it is warming my heart.
Carol, I do understand your worry about Jodie driving alone. I remember when my Bryon was "out and about" when he first got his license. Not any fun worrying!
1. For candidates who are willing to run. I wouldn't put myself through it for anything.
2. For the older volunteers who man the polls. They are so cute.
3. For my co-workers who will be up all night reporting the elections results. Me? I'm going to bed. Tell me in the morning who won.
P.S. Those deer shots are amazing!
I hope that fuzzy-wuzzy legend isn't true!
But I'm grateful for a warm, cozy home just it case it is :)
Post a Comment