
Busy day today but here is a quick mosaic of our weekend. If it's a weekend and nice weather than that usually means Jeff & I are out cycling and exploring the beautiful countryside around us. Yesterday's trip was west to Watertown, SD to visit the Redlin Art Center. We have been there several times over the years but since we both love his art it is fun to go back every few years. His prints are gorgeous but the originals are breathtaking in how the "light" comes through. I am sure many are familiar with his America the Beautiful series but being a lover of wildlife many of those are my favorites as well as all the scenes of yesteryear with horse drawn carriages and sleighs. Each time I go I decide on new favorites...yesterday's list included:
Natural Curiousity - I just love the fawn and colt eskimo kissing!
Sharing the Sunset - camping, sunset & deer -what's not to love here ;)
Heartland Lights - families out getting their Christmas tree having a bonfire, I can almost imagine being all bundled up and there.
Toasting Marshmallows - my favorite of the day...Christmas lights, a campfire with toasting marshmallows and the deer watching and wishing they could join them! Jeff however picked out so many - I cannot begin to name his list ;)
You can view Terry Redlin's full collection HERE.
12 comments:
Beautiful mosaic. Sounds like a great time you to had together!
Beautiful mosaic, Marsha ... how fun for you and Jeff to go out cycling. I've never heard of Terry Redlin but his use of light reminds me of Thomas Kinkade.
Hi Marsha,
I used to work in an art gallery and they carried all of the Terry Redlin art. My favorite is "Sharing the Bounty." I hope to visit his museum in SD someday too.
Those are beautiful, I can see why they're a favorite, Marsha! Excellent mosaic! Sounds like you and Jeff had a great time together :)
Marsha, beautiful art. I've enjoyed each and every one! Great idea for your mosaic. Sounds like you and Jeff had a great time cycling :-)
Great mosaic..my brother collects Terry Redlin's and they are all so beautiful! I love his winter scenes...
wonderful mosaic..love how they all blend together. Beautiful art Marsha..glad you shared with us!
I think we may have had a Terry Redlin galley in our local mall 5 or 10 tears ago. Of course the economy closed many small shops. I recall the use of lighting was the key ingredient to the art. So pretty!
Just lovely and thanks for explaining what is what on the mosaic.
Joyce
Great mosaic. Love the picture in the bottom left...The Colours of Spring.
Great mosaic showing your nice weekend, Marsha.
Lovely mosaic. laurie
Post a Comment