Thursday, July 30, 2009

a thing called "Love"...

Let me tell you 'bout the birds
and the beesAnd the flowers
and the trees
And the moon up aboveAnd a thing called "Love"...
(lyrics by Herb Newman)

33 years ago today, I married my best friend!

I think I love him more every year and all the good times and sad times we have experienced have just enhanced our marriage even more. I look forward to many more happy years together! He is always there to talk to...
and even though we manage to ruffle each other's feathers once in a while...
we always kiss and make up.
Heck, we like to kiss even when we don't need to make up ;)
Happy Anniversary Jeff...We are in this journey...till death do us part...
no ball and chain needed!

23 comments:

Jayme said...

Love you two! I have to comment that I like Dad's attire at Nathan's wedding a lot better than his brown tux at your wedding. :-)

From the Old InkWell said...

What a sweet post! Congrats to both you!!! You haven't changed a bit!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

This is a darling anniversary post Marsha-

Congratulations to you both!

Cynthia said...

Ahhhhh, Marsha ... how sweet.

The pictures with the captions are perfect for your pictures. Love the bluejay in the tree face.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and many, many more. It sounds like you and Jeff are very fortunate, happy people.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Marsha Honey! Congrats to you and Jeff. Tony and I will be celebrating our 34th pretty soon. We are a rarity these days. This picture of you two is precious. Thanks for sharing. Country Hugs, Sherry

Bonnie said...

This is such an adorable post.

Skoots1moM said...

what a great post!!
happy anniversary :)

Robin Lambright said...

Very sweet.

Happy Anniversary!

Great pictures also!!!

Blessings
Robin

LaurieC said...

Congratulations Marsha! This is a perfect post for celebrating your anniversary - best wishes for many more happy years ~~~

Betty said...

Neat post. Congratulations. I have to agree with Jayme.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Congratulations and hope the years ahead are even better than the past.
Blessings,Ruth

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Jeff and Marsha,

Happy 33rd Anniversary! I don't think you need that ball and chain. It's that thing called love that keeps you together! Wishing you many more years of happiness.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Happy Anniversary Marsha and Jeff! You are still two rockin', bikin' lovin-life best friends. Congratulations to you both and I wish you many more happy anniversaries to come.

I remember that song too!

Sandra said...

Aw, what a sweet post. :) Happy anniversary to both of you. And how cute about the ball and chain. lol
Blessings,
Sandra

Gwen said...

that is just about the sweetiest this I have ever seen!! Happy Anniversary!!

Foley said...

Happy, Happy 33rd Anniversary to you and Jeff! (I will probably be humming that song all night! lol) What a sweet tribute to both of you...and now that I have met you both I would say you both have a "keeper"!!!

Suzy said...

Happy Happy Birthday my sweet friend! You look as beautiful now as the day you were married and still so stylish. Your pictures are gorgeous as usual. The bee shot is sensational!

Jayne said...

Wow! Thirty three years is surely something to be proud about! Congratulations to the two of you Marsha!

Peggy said...

Perfect photos for this post! Funny! Happy Anniversary!

Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary and what a cute post:)
Joyce

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

You do such a great job of cleverly putting the pictures with words. Another really cute post! Sorry I'm too late to wish you a happy anniversary. Hope you had a great celebration. laurie

RuthieJ said...

Very cute post! Congratulations to you both.
(We're looking at the big 3-0 in about 6 weeks.)

Amongst The Oaks said...

Cute, cute, cute post. And that photo from the 70s - priceless. We have one almost like it. Weren't we cool then?
~Laura