
My friend, Susan from Savoring Time in the Kitchen is hosting a Garden Party at her blog this weekend so please
CLICK HERE to see her party as well as all the other's joining in.

Susan has an awesome collection of clematis (over a hundred varieties) and seeing many of hers over the last couple of years has made me add lots of new ones to my gardens. Below, The President and Ernest Markham are ready for the garden party to begin.

Mr. Goldie is already filling up at at the buffet and...

this pair of mourning doves are checking out my tablesetting.

In order to make it safe for human visitors I needed to do some major garden cleanup though. The paths were almost impassible with overgrown plants and tipped plants from all the strong winds of the past week.

Between the front beds, barn garden and the backyard I filled the ranger 3 times and hopefully by Monday the angel garden will be semi clean as well - other seasons I keep up with the gardening chores but this last month with the wedding, the 4th holiday and being sick for a week I really got behind.

I'm not complaining as I love gardening and when the results of my labor leave paths that look like this...there's lots to smile about.

Especially when I put some of those cut flowers around the peanut feeder before lunch and then set the camera on the table with me while I ate.

It didn't take long for them to move in and entertain me while I ate - peanuts in the shell is definitely the equivalent to bluejay candy!

Soon a goldfinch came in for a drink and a bath making for some excellent photo opportunities with the colorful backdrop. If you haven't seen the splashing photos check out yesterday's post.

Oops, looks like the birds aren't the only ones who appreciate a pretty floral backdrop ;)

By the time suppertime rolled around - the garden was clean and watered and I had the time to sit back and enjoy it.




The party prep is finished so head on over to
Marsha's Kitchen for the dinner & dishes.
17 comments:
Great post, Marsha, I love the Garden part of the party and now I'm heading over to see the dinner and the dishes :) This is great!
Your photos are fabulous. I enjoyed the tour of your beautiful garden.
I just love how the mourning doves are checking out your tablesetting. Great shot Marsha! Your gardens are bursting with color!
Wonderful post, Marsha! I know what you mean about over-grown paths because mine are in dire need of a trim right now. Your garden has always delighted me. The Pres and Ernest are looking pretty spiffy on that beautiful obelisk. I can see room for a couple of clemmies on that pretty arbor too :)
I think your table setting for the birds is adorable!
I'm jealous of your Ranger but luckily John Deere and the attached cart is my work horse.
Thanks so much for joining the Garden Party, Marsha! I'm off to see what's cookin' in your kitchen...
Marsha, I never tire of seeing glimpses of your gardens, birds, and Hershey. I think that if I had your gorgeous setting that I would never leave the property. (But, if I lived there, it definitely wouldn't look like it currently does.)
It's amazing how much you've accomplished this year even with a wedding and lots of family visits.
What a lovely garden party. I really enjoyed a peek at your garden.Love all the bird shots too.
I will be back for another look around.
Carolyn
Great series of photos.Your garden is wonderful,especially since I don't have to do the weeding.Ha,Ha.
Blessings,Ruth
Great garden, Marsha..lots of work..
I know you enjoy it!
My garden paths were lost last month. A little cleanup and they were found. Your gardens are gorgeous.......wonderful post.
I can never get enough of your photos of your gardens and blooms! Even Hershey!! You do a fantastic job keeping up with everything!!
Love the garden tour!!! Your garden is my gold standard. Love love love it. Your birdie pics are only getting better if that's possible. Do you submit to Birds and Blooms? Love how you've set the stage at the watering hole. Just gorgeous! What a garden party!
Wonderful photography and you captured your bird friends so nicely. They are blessed to have your garden to visit as are we!
oh Marsha, This is a delightful post! I especially love the photo of your dog and the little house and flowers and such behind him. Perfect! I like the one with the flowers on the tractor too. I would have never thought to take that photo. Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece of paradise!
Oh my, you have a red water lily! I have one that blooms yellow; occasionally! And you have the wooden bridge I so want for my little pond. Oh, I see so many pretties here! That is such a wonderful idea: putting some cut blooms near the feeding area! I'll remember that one!
Brenda
Wonderful garden photos and just love the birds enjoying your gardens ,also. Such work my friend..but it sure payed off!
Wonderful garden photos and just love the birds enjoying your gardens ,also. Such work my friend..but it sure payed off!
Marsha, you can see the love and hard work you put into your gorgeous gardens. Always a pleasure to visit.
Post a Comment