This morning's garden was "bird busy" including this shy bluejay...

and this inquisitive mourning dove.

But, the most prolific bird in the garden right now are the orioles...

and I'm going through a 32 oz jar of jelly a week.

They usually land on the roof of the jelly feeder and do a "flying flip" down to the jelly cups. Someone asked where I got this feeder from and I have had it for years but it was purchased at Fleet Farm. It is pretty bright and unnatural looking but it sure attracts orioles!

Here I'm getting a scolding for taking photographs...

and I scolded this guy for posing with his mouth full ;)

Yes, that's better!

Head on over to our hostess, Susan, A Southern Daydreamer, to view the 100 plus other blogs participating in Outdoor Wednesday.
14 comments:
How interesting...and beautiful shots.
I've never even heard of a jelly feeder..awesome..
Oh Marsha those shots are just beautiful. Birds have such personalities themselves. I like it when they scold me because the bird bath water needs changed. I have one black bird that will hop up and down the fence cackling at me. He does not like to wait for anything. Your birds are just beautiful. Country Hugs, Sherry
awesome photos!!! My dad used to raise doves and exotic pigeons when we were kids...kinda miss the sound of their singing!
Great pictures.I especially like the shy Blue Jay.That is perfect.
Blessings,Ruth
This is my first, but not last, visit to your blog. There are so many wonderful bloggers on Outdoor Wednesday that I can't possibly visit them all. Every week I try to go to a few I haven't been to before and today I was lucky enough to land in your lovely garden.
I love pictures of birds and yours are amazing! Far different from the ones we have in my area of Florida. I also went at peeked at your post from last week and I just love all the dollhouses. I could just spend all day in your yard, so I know I'll be back for more!
Hello! What fabulous bird shots. Thanks for sharing... I love birds, and these look very happy visiting you.
:-)
Cass
I love birds and your photos are beautiful! I have never tried feeding jelly to them..Christine
You are so lucky to have Orioles that stay all summer there. I think they are so pretty. At least I have a the goldfinches and cardinals for my color. Maybe if I buy one of those feeders they would stay here too?
Great shots, Marsha!
I hope you will stop by Dining With Debbie with your favorite Crock Pot Wednesday entry. Misty Linky is up and waiting for you. The first of the giveaways for the inaugural event is posted. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com
Marsha, your photography is great! Love that bluejay shot!
Beautiful and amazing.
Marsha, each picture is delightful and makes me smile. I love the "flying flip", but I'm very partial mourning doves.
Marsha, I always enjoy seeing your orioles. Glad you take the time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.
You have the BEST photos of birds. I love coming to see them. laurie
Post a Comment