Five little orioles went swimming one day,
On the rock over the pond, not far away.
One had enough…
And off she went, flying away.

Four little orioles went swimming one day,
On the rock over the pond, not far away.
One had enough…
And she flew off and went to play.

Three little orioles went swimming one day,
On the rock over the pond, not far away.
One had enough…
And flew off to go rest on a pile of hay.

Two little orioles went swimming one day,
On the rock over the pond, not far away.
One had enough…
And wished the last one, a Good Day.

One little oriole went swimming one day,
On the rock over the pond, not far away.
The one that was left…
She had the rock to herself...Hip, Hip HOORAY!

Finally the kiddies were all done and mom & dad had time to cool off and play :) All of these are orchard orioles and as you can see the garden is full of them as well as the baltimore orioles.

They are smaller than the baltimores, so here is a photo of a female baltimore oriole joining the parents for a size comparsion.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful anniversary wishes yesterday - we both appreciated them ;) I can't believe it is the end of July already...tomorrow it's time for another garden walk already...seems like the older one gets the faster time flies!
16 comments:
Great set of pictures. It must have been fun watching them all at once.
That is crazy that all five little orioles were there at the same time. Love the post.
Wish I had Orioles. They always remind me of Grandpa.
Wow, great post with excellent photos! How lucky that you have so many!
You did a great job in capturing all of those photos to compile a story. I love it! I've never seen birds like that in my area.
Blessings,
Sandra
Oh, Marsha, that's adorable! You are so lucky to have Orioles stay with you all summer.
Didn't know about the orchard orioles..going to have to check my little "book" again!
Cute, cute photos and narration!!
What a cute post.The verse enhances the pictures.I smiled all the way through.Thanks.
Blessings,Ruth
This was a wonderful post Marsha!!
Marsha, lucky lucky you! I would be happy with one oriole, and you have the whole family. Thank you for sharing them with us!
How cute is that? A really great Post. Thank you.
Those are so precious Marsha, and such wonderful photos!! I so wish we had orioles. :c)
What fabulous photos, and how cleverly you posted them! I loved it. laurie
You're a riot, Marsha, I love this post!
Marsha, I was completely unfamiliar with the orchard orioles.
I love that the birds coordinated their activities with your poem. :)
Love the close-up of the one stretching his neck. They are all adorable ... such a sweet look on their little faces.
All those orioles! How lucky for you Marsha. Thanks for sharing them with us -- I loved seeing them and the cute poem that went along with the pics.
Post a Comment