Monday, July 27, 2009

Mosaic Monday...Iowa

It's Monday so time for Mosaics...I really do enjoy creating them and viewing all the others shared at our wonderful hostess, Mary's blog, Little Red House. Please CLICK HERE to head over to her post and view all the other mosaics this week.
We spent our weekend cycling around the beautiful countryside in northwest IA. Since our states are neighbors, the views were not that much different than MN. I did notice many more roadside wildflowers, one of my favorites, queen anne's lace, was everywhere. I know cycling is not for everyone but it is such a great way to explore, I notice things I never notice from the car and all your senses including smell are used.

I've included a second mosaic from home...raindropped covered blossoms are one of my favorite photo subject but this summer we are really lacking in rainfall. After I watered the gardens...I took some faux raindrop shots courtesy of the sprinkler.
Have a wonderful Monday!

32 comments:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

I love the shot of the horses all looking at you and the wind mills in the background. Gorgeous flowers too, Marsha! I've never tried growing that spotted one (the name of which I can't recall right now). They are so pretty!

Caroline said...

Both of these are so beautiful! Amazing flowers!

Lori E said...

How right you are about missing things from the seat of a car.
Those flowers look like orchids???

Cass @ That Old House said...

Love the Iowa shots -- wow, what stunning countryside. You are lucky to be able to bike in such beauty!

And your flowers look drenched and dewy -- gorgeous!
Cass

Carol said...

Hi Marsha,
Thanks for your very kind comments on my paintings! Your flower pictures are beautiful & very inspiring! I also scrolled down to your dollhouse village post. That brought back memories of a dollhouse that I cherished!

Roban said...

Lovely faux rain shots of your blossoms! They really are gorgeous flowers.... It's dry here, too... Pine straw just crackles under my feet.

I love your other photographs, too. The horses gathered together are so pretty. That's great that you're cycling through the countryside. I would enjoy that, too.

Carolyn said...

Both of these mosaics are beautiful!

Carolyn

Darla said...

Both Mosaics are beautiful Marsha. Love water droplets no matter the origin of them...

Kathleen said...

Marsha, wish I could share some of our rain!!!
Beautiful mosaics..how about some Harley shots!

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

My friend, you are more than welcome to the rain we've had drowning us all blasted summer here in Toronto...!

Lovely flowers - they appear to be doing just fine with your TLC, even with little rain. I just love horses too - great shot there.

Very nice mosaics!

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

Both mosaics are marvelous ... filled with lovely images!
Hugs and blessings,

Cynthia said...

Marsha, both mosaics are lovely .. beautiful flowers with "dew drops". :)

The Iowa mosaic really piqued my interest. Beautiful scenery ... I'm surprised you saw pelicans.

It's too far from us for a day-trip, but it sounds like a great two or three-day trip.

Joyce said...

Both are nice mosaics but I love those horses front and center:)
Joyce

Gwen said...

OH thanks for sharing this!! soooo Beautiful! Makes me homesick :( I live in AZ now but raised in southern MN/notheren IA The photos are just gorgeous!!!

Tina said...

Gorgeous shots to create your mosaics today..such amazing colors..and patterns..sounds like you guys have lots of fun zooming around the country side and taking pictures too!! Neat post, Marsha!!

Cal said...

Wonderful mosaics. It's so great to see someone's personal view of their world.
Cal x

My name is Riet said...

Both beautiful mosaics. The pictures taken while cycling are so special.

Millie said...

Your mosaics are both so lovely.
Thanks for your comment on my blog..lucky you to live so near to Clemens Munsinger gardens...it is a long drive for us from Winnipeg, but now that we know it's there we will go back again, on our way to Minneapolis. I looked at several of your posts and your garden is great..

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Martha...

Wow...both of your photo mosaics are just gorgeous!!! I loved seeing your state's countryside...I bet it is a wonderful adventure seeing it while cycling!!! The center photo of the horses is really beautiful!!!

Ohhh my...I absolutely adore your flower mosaic! What a beautiful yard and garden that you must have! The photos of the water droplets on the petals and leaves are really exquisite!!! Sooo beautiful! Thank you for sharing your photography talents with us for Mosaic Monday!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

ELK said...

thank you once again for inspiring images so well done in the mosaics...I enjoy seeing them so much...and your visit to my art blog made me so happy!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful pictures all. When I was in school I had a penpal from Iowa so, although I've never visited the state, it holds a special place in my heart.

Unknown said...

both are lovely mosaics. I admire your cycling!

From the Old InkWell said...

Marsha, you got some great shots on your bike ride. Hubby and I rented bikes in Florida on vacations and I love it too! We keep saying we are going to buy some, but time just doesn't seem to permit after we get home. I was wondering what kind of birds those are in your first mosiac? They look like pelicans. Very unusual.

Carol said...

The mosaics are fantastic, Marsha! I know you had such a great trip! Love the pics :) and such gorgeous flowers

Wanda said...

Another moment of inspiration, and contemplation...

My soul sings of your wonders.



LOL:Wanda

~JarieLyn~ said...

What a beautiful mosaic. I love the picture of the horses. They command so much power. Very nice. I love the country.

Joan Elizabeth said...

It's interesting for me to look at the top mosiac and try to decide what defines those shots as being in America rather than Australia. There is nothing I can pinpoint and yet is doesn't look like Australia.

I also saw you dolls houses the other day and was completely envious ... my childhood dream was to have one of those. Didn't happen.

Jayne said...

Both of these are lovely Marsha!

Skoots1moM said...

you've captured beauty again!

Mary said...

OK, I admit it. I have actually sprinkled a tulip with water from the tap and then photographed it. LOL At least you were legitimately watering...

Both your mosaic s are beautiful, Marsha. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful images at Mosaic Monday. :)

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, love both mosaics. I admire your adventurous side with your cycling. Those folks that are fishing on the dam are very adventurous as well :-) Your garden shots are always stunning.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Two beautiful mosaics. laurie