"I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness." ~Adeline Knapp It has been a rainy weekend and a drizzly Monday morning but it is still a beautiful sight for our drought parched fields and gardens. Thank you to Laura, for identifying these mexican shell flowers for me after I posted the unknown red one earlier.

Rain or shine the garden is an active place to be. There are bees everywhere and they are busily gathering pollen...look how much this guy has stored up.

The hummingbirds were also busy flying from flower to flower in the drizzle last night. I braved the dampness (after all I didn't want to miss the loveliness) to get some close ups but found it was almost impossible to focus before they flew out of range...another skill I will have to practice at :-)
2 comments:
I love the bee in the bloom...nice
Just beautiful! All of them! The hummingbird is very nice. Great job!
Post a Comment