Friday, August 17, 2007

Afternoon reflections...

After spending the afternoon working in the garden...I took a break to sit in the shade with a cool drink and my camera. First I noticed the reed's reflected in the pond's surface as well as their shadows striping across the lily pads.
Then I watched a little red breasted nuthatch hang upside on pine boughs eating the seeds from the cones.

My last shot is another "Where's Waldo" one...can you spot the little warbler?I've kind of gotten away from my favorite plant of the day posts so this maroon leaf one is another plant I highly recommend. It is a "Maple Sugar" hibiscus from Proven Winners that is such a large and showy plant. It has not bloomed yet, but the foilage alone is worth it.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Marsha: These pictures are wonderful. I especially love the first one with the water, the color, the sun and reflections.

sandy said...

ohhh....gorgeous...thanks for sharing these Marsha...

BJ said...

Three beautiful shots! Just gorgeous!