Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
(Theodor Seuss Geisel)
I haven't seen the indigos for a few days so I guess they have moved on.

I tried to create a "resort-like atmosphere" hoping they would stay, but I am thankful I had them for over a week and not just for a day like in seasons past.
Here at Marsha's Resort - there were opportunities to drop in for a drink with colorful friends...

and a wonderful spot to meet more friends...

for a swim and a splash.

The resort held many dining options - penthouse seating at the skytower...

a casual "fly-in diner"...

and color coordinated private feeders.

For those with a more adventurous spirit...there were opportunities for splashing behind a waterfall...

and getting soaked

on a hot afternoon.

There were rock climbing venues...

and goldie watching excursions.

The resort provided private areas for rest and solitude...

and places to meet your neighbor for a chat over the fence.

Though this resort offered what I thought were the best amenties, the one thing it did not provide were females so off they went to greener pastures. I am just happy they took the time to stay awhile and stopped to smell the flowers.

See you next spring my handsome birds...I'll miss you!
7 comments:
Such beauties. You're lucky to be able to call them yard birds- even if only for a while.
Wow! What a resort and that's not just 'for the birds'. Anyone would love it there. I love the brilliant blue of the Indigo Bunting. You've captured him well!
Glorious! You really covered their stay in your resort. Great post.
I've never seen in person the beautiful little birds that grace your life and yard.
You are very special. They must love you a lot.
I did have several sparrows eating out of our feeder.
Love you pics.
Looks to me like you offered everything they needed Marsha...err.... except the ladies. I have only seen them two or so times this year, and only for a fleeting moment, so you are lucky they hung around as long as they did. Thanks for sharing them with us!
Beautiful blessings! Thank you for sharing.
Love that thistle feeder. It's just perfect for the birdies to all land and not disturb each other! Don't you just love that Indigo!! You accent him so well with all of your color. I have not seen a female with all of the males that visit here either, hmm!
Post a Comment