Thursday, June 05, 2008

a garden visit...

You do not need to know anything about a plant
to know that it is beautiful.
(Montagu Don)

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting my neighbor's hosta garden. Since I do not have much shade in my gardens, I really did not know much about hostas. She has over 200 varieties and I was awestruck by the different leaf sizes, shapes and colors.
There were many shade loving perennials interspersed amongst the hostas and everything was labeled so it was interesting to see some of the names the hostas had. Below, is one of her smallest, Pandora's Box, it is hard to tell in this photo but the largest leaf was about 1 inch.
I really enjoy touring other gardens. I come away with more knowledge and lots of ideas to incorporate into my own yard. Thank you B & D for the wonderful tour & visit!

No comments: