Friday, June 20, 2008

my heart is blooming...

Garden - it's where your heart can bloom
(seen on a sign in a local shop)

The garden is just starting to "color up" with new blooms opening each day. I have a full and long schedule of work in the office today, but the roses in the early morning sunlight were pulling me to go out and take a photo first.
I don't even know the name of these climbers as we have had them for over 25 years and I wasn't into gardening back then. It is a hardy variety because 8 years ago when we built an addition to our home, my husband cut them down and then dug out the rootball and discarded it. I came home from work hours later, reclaimed the roots from the trash pile and planted them under a clothesline pole and they have thrived and grown taller each year. They are at least 10-12 ft tall and the highest blooms with the sky backdrop is gorgeous.
Niobe clematis is opening on one of the gazebo poles. This spring I added a white Huldine clematis right next to her so next year it should be blooming a white/red combo.
Up close she is breathtaking!
These were still in the shade this morning but Dr. Ruppel clematis is in full bloom.
One of his blooms in the full sun.

I have a new found love for clematis and this spring, I have added two Huldine's and The President. I hope to add at least three or more before the season is over.

6 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

The pictures of your gaden left me gasping! Have you ever offered garden tours?

Wanda said...

Today was much to hot to be outside 105 ~~ so I stayed inside and enjoyed your garden!!

Thank YOU!!

Jayne said...

Wow Marsha... like Lynne, I am speechless. Your garden is spectacular and I could meander out there for hours and hours.

troutbirder said...

wow... just found this blog and its great. Love the flowers and your pond makes me think I need to expand my little one. Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie said...

cool pond

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Marsha...would love to stroll through your garden. Enjoy it!