Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.
(Author Unknown)

I meant to post this last week, my little sis and her youngest daughter in the garden. They were my houseguests for 2 days while we helped Grandma Ann move. I have 4 sisters and we are all definitely "different flowers from the same garden" but a garden of one type of flower would be boring and our family is definitely not boring so we compliment each other beautifully!

The potted annuals are growing and full of blooms and the honeysuckle vine is now a bright spot of orange among the roses.

The serviceberry bush is in constant motion. The berries are starting to ripen and the robins are eating any that have the slightest purple to them. The robins are too heavy for the branches and the bush just swings and sways with the weight of them.

Tonight's sunset was beautiful so I ran out to take a picture for the post (told you this was a little bit of everything!)

I almost tripped over this fallen cottonwood branch on the path to the edge of the grove...

it's no wonder my garden is covered in fluff when that small of a branch puts out that much cotton and we have huge cottonwood trees on both sides of our yard. Some days in June it looks like it is snowing with the blowing stuff so it is not my favorite time of year. The seedlings are one of the most prolific weeds I pull in the garden and the stuff plugs the pond filters daily.

It's everywhere!
3 comments:
Sort of how I feel about all the pine seedlings ALL over the place here. Those little suckers take root everywhere in my beds. I'd have a pine forest if I weren't diligent. So nice you got to spend time with your sissy and niece. :c)
I love your little bit of everything!
What another delightful tour of the garden.
How nice to have your sis there.
I only have one sister ~ we are very different, but from the same garden too.
Post a Comment