
Summer's apparel's
A picturesque one;
It's a heavenly blue
With a sunshiny sun.

This Summer apparel
Is dotted with birds
Of colorful plumage,
Too lovely for words.

It's beauty increases
With bright butterflies
Fluttering about in
Cloudless skies.
Summer's apparel
Is stitched with these scenes
And tucked with bright flowers
On border and seams.
(Louise Pinkerton Fritz)

Even though the calendar says we have until Sept. it seems like Summer is flying by. There is a feel of autumn in the air and the fading flowers and constant hum of the cicadas remind us that we need to enjoy these last days of summer. Every morning I take my cup of coffee and camera outside and watch the garden's activities. I have large numbers of warblers (migration already?) and this morning I took some shots as they took group baths. The orioles are at the feeders more than usual and the hummers are dive bombing each other constantly over rights to the feeders. Does all this mean that I'll soon lose my colorful visitors? I sure hope not as I for one am not ready for the end of summer. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment