Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pursuing happiness. . .


"Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you."
(Nathaniel Hawthorne)


One of the things I love most about an August garden is the abundance of butterflies. And yes, I have found that chasing them around with the camera becomes fruitless but if I just sit or stand still they come near me. Monarchs are everywhere along with the little white "cabbage" butterflies but it is so fun to welcome the swallowtails to my garden. They truly bring me happiness. . .


I positioned my new tv antenna arbor (re: my last post) in the garden so that it was visible from my recliner inside. Early yesterday morning I sat down to do some reading and glanced up to see a little warbler checking out each strand of beads hanging from the top. To his eyes they must have looked like shiny bugs and he was there for quite some time checking them all out. Sorry for the picture quality as I took it through my dirty (gasp) window but I thought it was worth the shot! Another happy moment in my days. May happiness alight upon you today. . .

No comments: