Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Garden of Sunflowers. . .


A garden of Sunflowers beckoned to me
Come join us, my lady, and joyous you'll be!

We're large ones and small ones, some dainty and fair,
And even some delicate to wear in your hair.

We follow the sun, swaying slowly without a care,
We have an abundance that with you we will share.
(Author Unknown)




I'm still loving those sunflowers and "joyous" I am! If you have the room, they are such a wonderful tall addition to the garden and the birds, butterflies and bugs they attract are simply awesome.

The last few days the monarchs have been checking them out first thing in the morning and I was lucky enough to catch one with the early morning light upon his wings.

The goldfinches continue to eat them as soon as the seeds show the first hint of ripening and the orioles continue to use them as a "rest stop" on their way to the jelly bowl. I have never had as many yellow warblers as I have this year. They are on one sunflower or another every day - Yup, I'm loving my garden of sunflowers. . .

2 comments:

Jayme said...

I love the photo of the monarch, it's now on my desktop at work.

sandy said...

I am really enjoying your pictures..sandy