Today, I would like to wish good thoughts for Mother's Day to all women out there, the grandmothers & mothers who are celebrating, the sisters & daughters of a loved one who is missing today and especially remembering the women who want nothing more than to be a mother but God's timing so far hasn't been the same as the timing in their hearts (I am remembering 3 of them in my prayers daily).
This rainy Mother's Day is a quiet one for me but I am still enjoying it, I spotted the first orioles of the season (lucky for them, I just put out the feeders yesterday) while enjoying a special breakfast of nutella filled chocolate ebelskivers with strawberries and whipped cream. The beautiful fresh flowers are a gift from Nathan & Tammy :)

This year as always I reminisce on all the past Mother's Days since I first became a mother. A picnic with a bucket of KFC was our family tradition when the kid's were little and many years were spent eating in the car in the rain but at least we were in a beautiful park. I am not a gal to go out to eat on one of the most crowded dining out days of the year - give me a picnic in a beautiful setting (sometimes my own patio) and I'm a happy mom :)

This year is
extra special for Jayme as she looks forward to becoming a mom in October, some of you may have seen the countdown on my sidebar - we are pretty excited to be grandparents as well.
9 comments:
What a sweet post. Love the KFC reminiscence! Hope you have a very special Mother's Day because you are one very special person my friend. Love ya!
Wonderful post and photos. I love the Orioles, beautiful birds. The strawberries and nutella sound yummy.
Congratulations to Jayme and your family! Wishing you a very happy Mother's Day, Marsha.
Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day Marsha! It's nice to have the KFC tradition to reflect back on. Congratulations to Jayme and Scott!
Children do grow up so fast,but then along come the Grandchildren and we get to experience childhood all over again,but without the sleepless nights.
Happy Mother's Day! Fun photo. I can't wait for you to be grandparents too. Love you.
mmm...I am an aebleskiver maker, but have never had chocolate ones. Care to share the recipe?? I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your photos.
Happy Mothers Day! The KFC memory was cute..agree about staying away from the 'specials'. The oriole is a fav to look for, none yet.
All the besy wishes for Scott & Jayme
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day..I'm a new follower because I love your pictures of flowers and birds. Your flower pic's are really good!! What camera do you take them with? Nice job!
Post a Comment