Monday, May 02, 2011

Mosaic Monday...

It has been COLD here the last few days (20 degrees below normal average temps) and we had a hard frost the last two nights. Looks like I won't be buying any bedding plants anytime soon.

Today, is the first day I have not seen a junco outside so I finally believe that we will get some spring like weather soon. Not only are the juncos gone but huge flocks of migrating sparrows have arrived...above are the white-throated (the one with the bits of yellow) and white-crowned sparrows. Harris & Song sparrows are also here but harder to capture with the camera lens.

3 comments:

Marigene said...

Great photos, Marsha...the sparrows are here in force, too.

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

I love your new header Marsha. Are you still using the same scrapbook program that I also have?

Your sparrow photos are great. I see them checking out my wren house, and I clap when they can't get in the hole :-) Comical!

Darla said...

What great contrast on this bird..very pretty. It was 92 degrees here yesterday, stifling. Sending some warmth your way..