On Saturday, J & I went to the Ray Fagen memorial air show and enjoyed seeing all the WWII era airplanes, ground vehicles including tanks, jeeps, etc. and camp set up. While I don't know my planes I heard lots of PT's coming from the announcer - I just enjoyed the beautiful day and the pilots skills in aerial manuevers. We were told that this plane the P-51C Mustang N61429 was the rarest plane at the show. It is a Tuskegee Airmen Red Tail and you can find more information here at redtail.org. What a wonderful way to spend a beautiful MN afternoon out of the garden and enjoying the "garden of life".
Great pictures of big shiny, well-loved objects! ;-) How did you get the pictures to look "still" while the planes were moving? Is that the trick you learned from you daughter? To see some small planes doing crazy flying check out this website: www.redbullairrace.com They've raced in San Diego several times and it's just breathtaking-- I don't think they'll race here this year.
What cool planes! We used to have an air show here every year with the Blue Angels, but I suppose it's been hard to do it yearly with the economy like it is. Glad you all got to enjoy such a fun day!
Fantastic photos - the blue of the sky is a gorgeous backdrop! You should send them to the organization that put it on - they would probably want to use them!
11 comments:
Just look at that beautiful sky, and you did a great job photographing those planes! What a fun day!
Oh I love looking at these pictures! They all look like great big colorful toys!
Looks like it was a great time!
Your pictures are great! Thanks.
Looks like it was a perfect day for an airshow.Your pictures are ready for an aviation magazine.
Blessings,Ruth
What some amazing photos!
Great pictures of big shiny, well-loved objects! ;-) How did you get the pictures to look "still" while the planes were moving? Is that the trick you learned from you daughter? To see some small planes doing crazy flying check out this website: www.redbullairrace.com
They've raced in San Diego several times and it's just breathtaking-- I don't think they'll race here this year.
What cool planes! We used to have an air show here every year with the Blue Angels, but I suppose it's been hard to do it yearly with the economy like it is. Glad you all got to enjoy such a fun day!
Fantastic photos - the blue of the sky is a gorgeous backdrop! You should send them to the organization that put it on - they would probably want to use them!
What a gorgeous day, a beautiful sky! Your pictures are fantastic, Marsha, simply amazing. Breathtaking shots!
You are so into "flying" things. You give us wonderful birds, and these amazing planes.
Thanks for both!
My husband and I both enjoyed this post so very much..very interesting, and your photography is excellent:)
Post a Comment