
We spent a wonderful weekend in northern MN with Jayme & Scott. On Saturday, we drove the Seven Bridges Road and admired the falls on the Lester river. Jayme is quite the photographer and showed me how to change settings on my camera to freeze/blur the water so I learned something new as well. We also took a short hike to view the lady slippers in bloom in the park.

Jayme shares my love of flowers so we went plant shopping and filled some pots with her favorites while the guys were doing some yard projects.

They have a beautiful yard and gardens including a vegetable garden they grow in cages to protect it from the abundant deer & bunnies in the northwoods.

June is a wonderful time to visit northern MN, the lupines are blooming along the roadsides for gorgeous color.

Driving down the interstate, we even saw a doe standing in a large patch of them but no time to grab a camera at that speed. It was a wonderful site to see :)
10 comments:
We had so much fun with you and dad. Too bad it had to be foggy and raining. Thanks again for all your help!
What a great time, and you learned more about photography? Someone needs to teach me. Beautiful Dahlias in the containers.
We were up north too this week. I just love seeing the lupines blooming in the ditches. I couldn't believe it. Your photos are gorgeous!
Love your collage, and all the freshness of your garden.
Each of these mosaics is gorgeous.I can almost hear the rushing water in the first one.
I don't have to go far to photograph Lady Slippers,we have them on our yard.
Blessings,Ruth
Lovely mosaics. I always enjoy the similarities between your area and the Adirondacks where our camp is. Love the lupines blooming in the ditches, and the yellow lady slippers. The yellow ones are few and far between in our woods, but we have the showy pink ones.
Looks like you had a great time with the kids. Can't believe someone was actually able to teach you something about the camera! LOL
Love the photos of the falls and blooms..my sis Julie loves northern MN and the Duluth area - wants to go back again this year for a short vacation.
You and your daughter make a great team!! Love of flowers, countryside, birds, photography--what a gift. Thanks for sharing. Made my day!
Looks like you all had a fantastic weekend! Good going, Jayme, for teaching your mom :) Fantastic pics, Marsha!
I wish I could see wild lupines growing like that! What a glorious sight it must have been. I love making potted containers for my girls too :)
Post a Comment