Tuesday, June 08, 2010

almost 4 years...

On June 16th it will be 4 years since I started this simple blog.
My first post on June 16th, 2006 was titled "morning has broken" and I showed a photo of the garden cabin along with the famous verse of the same name.

I began the whole blogging thing on a whim and as a venue to show all the photos I take but I never realized all the wonderful blogging friends I would make as well. It has been a wonderful 4 years reading your blogs too!

I also enjoy hearing from those that read my blog but don't blog or comment. Last year, at my son's wedding I was introduced to one of his co-workers. She told me she loves to read my blog and her all time favorite post was the "swim meet" one. So in honor of my 4th blogging anniversary I would like to hear what post you remember the most or as being a favorite of yours. You may leave the answer in the comments from now until the 14th or email me directly by clicking on the "Let's Chat" graphic in the column on the left. On my 4th anniversary, I would like repeat the 4 posts that get mentioned the most. The 4 reader favorites, I guess you could say :)

So in the spirit of remembering - here is the Weekend Swim Meet post loved by my son's co-worker :)

Mr. Orchard Oriole and Mr. Harris Sparrow competed in a synchronized swim meet this weekend. I had the pleasure of being in the audience and overheard a bit of their conversation.
Harris, you're late, I'm already warmed up!
Geesh, this water is cold!
I see my family in the bleachers.
Where, where?
The performance began....
Watch your count! You're jumping the gun!
Look who's talking! I thought we were only going down for 5 seconds on the first pass and there is a judge right behind us!Finally, they were right on...
then patiently waited for the judges scores.
Look, at least the fans gave us a 10! Wave back at them!The evening ended with a solo performance by Mr. Baltimore Oriole.

9 comments:

Wanda said...

Congratulations on your "Special 4"

I don't know which would be my favorite.... Can I say all of them!!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Congratulations,on 4 years of Blogging.
I agree,that I never knew that blogging would result in a family of friends.
I cannot possibly pick a favorite,but I enjoy each visit to your blog.
Have a fantastic day.
Blessings,Ruth

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

Marsha, I will have to give it some thought, but just wanted to say that your blog was the first I ever visited. I really didn't know much at all about blogging when I found you. I love your photos, and I love birds. :-)

Unknown said...

There is no way to pick one over another ... Love these pics.

Have a beau-TEA-ful day!
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Kathy said...

The post for Saturday, Sept 02, 2006, "Close Encounters" is bookmarked in my favorites file. While working at the county fair an aquantaince told Bonnie and I about this great new blog a friend of hers had started. She emailed us the blog link and it's been my favorite blog ever since. Thank you for sharing your gardens, birds, food, pets, travels and family..

Carol said...

Same here, Marsha, I don't have a favorite, I really love them all, yours is the first blog I remember coming to! and I am happy to be among your friends :)

Mollie said...

Hi Marsha,
I'm relatively new to your blog (a year+ maybe?) so don't know of the past postings--maybe I'll spend a day looking through all four years. Anyway, I never saw this swim meet one until now--it is great!! You should write more short stories (captions) with your pictures! You're good at it--
I've sent many of your postings on to relatives and friends--one sister in particular loves all of the ones with birds--she lives out in the country in Wisconsin and has a lot of bird feeders, etc. so never enough bird photos for bird-lovers! And I just want to say Thank You for taking the time to create this blog--it's been the highlight of my day many a time.
And here's to another 4 more years and beyond of Marhas' Garden blog!!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Happy blogoversary (and fab pics, too. :) We started about the same time! I'm glad to have found you.

Alisa-Foodista said...

First time on your blog and I love it!I love birds and love waking up early in the morning to hear them singing and flying about.I look forward to reading more